No MIDI Clock Events sent from PROFILER as USB client

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the Tap Tempo from my Kemper Head (OS 10.2.2.49572) into my Mac (13.6.5) to control Software (Lightkey, specifically).
    I have enabled "Send MIDI Clock" in the System Settings and selected "MIDI Out" for Device A, Channel 1.
    However, the Mac does not receive MIDI Clock Events over the integrated USB-MIDI of the Kemper.

Using an external Interface on the MIDI Ports works correctly and sends a MIDI Clock.

I also checked with a MIDI Event Logger ("MIDI Monitor") and found that other MIDI Events (like Program Changes in Performance Mode) are in fact transmitted over USB-MIDI.
    I found a related question here but sadly there was no answer, only "works for me"...

Is there something else in the settings I need to change? Is this a bug? Is this disabled on purpose?

I'm grateful for any hint :)

Best,
    Daniel

• New
    • Official Post

Head and Rack models currently support USB MIDI as clients only via a cable attached to their USB B socket. There is currently no plan to support sending MIDI clock from the USB client (PROFILER) to the USB host (PC). Our assumption is the DAW software controls the PROFILER. The PROFILER is ready to receive MIDI clock from the host.

• Thanks for clarifying!

The "Großes Handbuch" says

[...] auch zusätzlich MIDI übertragen werden. Dabei wird die Funktionalität der Buchsen MIDI IN und MIDI OUT gespiegelt

Which seems to not be true then, since the Midi Jacks do send the clock.
    I know it's a niche use case, but maybe including that restriction there would save someone else some headache why no clock is sent :)

• Burkhard

Changed the title of the thread from “No MIDI Clock Events over USB” to “No MIDI Clock Events sent from PROFILER as USB client”.