LD Systems MON121a

• Hi
    I Bought one of these a couple of weeks ago.

I wanted to get some input from people who have one (I have searched the forum and there are
    a couple) and instead of sending of sending them individual messages I thought I would start this
    thread.

I play in a 4 piece rock/indie/punk band, I am the only guitarist, before the kemper I played through a diy 18watt marshall
    based amp with 6v6's in the output stage and a 2x12 hiwatt cab with v30s.

LD systems mon 121a, 12" coax speaker, class A/B inbuilt amp, 250 watts.

Kemper thru the LD systems, much better spread of sound in the room, fantastic midrange, nice top end that does not fatigue the ears, bass is quite modest so I have to back off the bass a couple of db's in the kemper monitor out eq so it does not fart out, but still ok bass response. matchless sound like matchless,
    vh4's grind and punch, friedman marshalls punch and sizzle AC20/30's jingle and chime.

It does get pretty warm on full volume but there is very little hum.

Problem - If I set the volume to full, I can only turn the master volume on the kemper up to 4,5 using and amp factory VH4 profile (as an example) the channel volume is backed off a little maybe 2 db as I find the amp factories profiles set a little too hot as they come. Above 4.5 I get nasty distortion.

At these settings the volume is not loud enough to cope with a loud drummer and a very loud bassist.

I do like the sound so I will keep the 17kg mon121a and add in a feed from the main PA (used only for vocals at the moment) but I wanted to know from other LD systems mon 121a how they set up and if they if they have experienced the same.

Guitar is a 2005 Les Paul standard with a bridge suhr doug aldrich pickup and a humbucker form hell in the neck.

Thanks
    Taz

2005 gibson lp standard faded/frankenstein tele->kemper->adam a3x/LD systems mon 121

• I think it's quite normal, since the KPA has a very high output.
    If you manage to ear yourself I'd just go on the PA to let other people ear you.
    If you don't ear yourself and don't want to be monitored thru the PA, you have two options:

1) buy another one to get more sound pressure or sell it to get a more powerful one (I ear good things about the Verve 12MA);
    2) get some IEM and a little mixer.

I chose the second one, and I'm very happy since I don't have more weight to carry.