Clipping My Powered Monitor- What Am I Doing Wrong?

• When I am playing the Kemper through my EV ELX-112P, it is "fixxing" out the speaker sometimes.
    I have tried different ways of connecting the 2, and have had problems with them all.

Master outs, Monitor Out, Direct Out.

This happens at low as well as high volume levels.

Seems like when I hit some low E string notes the bass causes the speaker to fizzle.

Any clues on what I may me doing wrong?

Also, the EV is rated at 1000 W, but I have had to put it up to around 8 on the volume in rehearsal to compete with my other guitar player to be heard.
    I have the Master on the Kemper up to 9 as well.
    This is mind boggling to me- I can't figure it out.

But it sounds awesome when I'm playing!

• Are you sure that your input and ouput levels into the kemper are ok?, I had a similar problem when I first tried a frfr, I had set the profiles
    at home through my sound interface and if they went slightly red (input led or output led ) it did not seem that bad but at rehersal with a frfr
    (ld systems mon121a) it distorted, so i backed off the volumes on the kemper so they were just into light orange ....very ocassionly when i hit a power chord really hard.

2005 gibson lp standard faded/frankenstein tele->kemper->adam a3x/LD systems mon 121

• 1000w in most FRFR solutions is equal to maybe 150w (rated) of saturated tube amp through an typical efficient guitar cab. Some of the powered pa cabs are rated at 1200w or more. You need it for the headroom so you never clip the amp.

Since you are clipping at low volume, the preamp on your powered speaker is probably clipping from too much input. Turn the kpa way down. Running your monitor max and starting at 0 on the kpa will allow the most headroom.

bd