With, without
    And who'll deny that's what the fightings all about

Get out of the way, it's a busy day
    And I've got things on my mind
    For want of the price of tea and a slice
    The old man died

• Forward he cried from the rear

I can guess who said that...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• The fact that something is discussed on another forum doesn't mean, it must be a constant topic here as well. Why not react where it happens, if you feel like? This constant flaming here is no good for the KPA environment. If you feel like discussing the technical details (11kHz content), go ahead. But always mentioning some personal issues with someone from another company ... c'mon, that's not helpful at all. :)

My personal point of view is:
    It's all about technical gear and if I need a device, I just buy it. I don't need to be friends with the company's owner. So imho, there's absolutely no need to discuss personal issues in another company's product forum.

Just my couple of cents,
    Martin

Martin, threads like this is 100% a direct result of Cliff again slinging first punches hoping users will believe him and will doubt another product. Unaware users like the OP in this thread read his planted posts and it caused the OP to ask a question over here.
    It's the same thing in other threads where Cliff claims "another" company has started a dirty guerilla marketing campaign against fractal, or that his kemper is flaky, it's technology and sound is inferior, and the list goes on...

This is not about any fanboys arguing what product is better, it's about a company CEO spreading false information with bad intentions. Direct responses to his posts that criticize and discuss his behaviour on his own forum or on TGP are impossible.
    Other companies don't behave like this so it must be discussed so users are aware what's going on,
    and that's a very healthy response.

• Hey guys, correct me if Im wrong.
    I cannot recall any real guitar cab with horn tweeters or any such thing. Why would a 'guitar amp modeler' need to put out anything over 10K is beyond me.
    Could someone please explain why? I'm trying to figure out if this is such a big deal anyway?

Well, your post ended up being really "OT" at this stage... LOL
    I'll try and be of help anyway.

On the Fractal forum I posted the following:

To understand the FRFR</acronym> concept you have to make a paradigm shift: while in a classical guitar rig it's the rig itself which shapes and makes the sound, in the modelling world the sound is - so to speak - already given by the modeller: all you need is a medium able to accurately
    transfer this sound the the air. I think for example of the amplification of voice, where the sound is already made and you would never use a guitar amp to accomplish it.

Also think that if you sum two flat-response devices, what you get is a flat-response signal; if you sum two non-flat-response devices, their characteristics will sum with possible unpleasant results. Think of paulasbell's example here above: the guitar sound is the CD is already made, doesn't need to pass through a guitar amp again

Here's the thread in case you're interested. I did not care for some of the answers, but you might nevertheless find something interesting there.

Take into particular account the "if you sum two non-flat-response devices, their
    characteristics will sum with possible unpleasant results" part.This is often underestimated.

Let's say your amp\cab response is 0 dB @ 4000 Hz and goes down 9 dB\oct from there on. If you amplify this rig with an equal system, you will have a sound in which the FR goes down 18 dB\oct. This means that the original response at - say - 4500, 5000, 6000 Hz will not be preserved and reproduced: highs will be much weaker, so the system will fail in faithfully reproduce your rig.

An FRFR system is nothing but a way to ensure that what the modeller\profiler outputs is (theoretically) respected, preserved and brought to your ears.

HTH