Kemper dedicated foot controller

• A while back, someone told me that kemper was coming out with a foot controller by end of year ?

Can someone point to a thread or an article on this ?

I am interested to know if there have been details on the functions , etc.

I hear of many using the FC1010 or something like that, but I am hoping for something dedicated ( similar to the MFC 101 for the Axe ) I never owned the MFC, just heard its plug n play... I am not experienced at all with midi, ?( and I am hoping that the kemper foot controller will take the "harder" aspects out connectivity out of the equation. Plus, if kemper is coming out with something, I don't want to buy anything else.

And I did see that cool liquid foot 12+ with an editor ! That was interesting

I have an ipb10 from digitech and put the kemper in the "amp" loop , so I have been able to switch off and on stomps and effects , although they are digitech , they still sound great for the most part.

But I really wish I could control the Kemper entirely .

Thanks !

• The FCB1010 with the uno4kemper Chip is a great solution. Still you need 3 cables (2 midi + one for power), I have added a 7pin midi connector which has midi in/out and power. Not it's great and will work for me until the Kemper board is available!

• This

The FCB1010 with the uno4kemper Chip is a great solution. Still you need 3 cables (2 midi + one for power), I have added a 7pin midi connector which has midi in/out and power. Not it's great and will work for me until the Kemper board is available!

Bechti, thanks for the response. After some thinking, I was leaning toward this solution, but I don't need it right now, so I decided to wait for the dedicated kemper foot pedal.

I really liked the liquid foot option with the editor, etc, but if I remember correctly, it was really expensive ?

So in the meantime, I have my kemper mission pedal to keep my foot busy :D

• Bechti, what exactly did you modify to add the 7 pin MIDI connector? FCB and Kemper? I don't dare to hack the Kemper (yet) but running three cables across stage doesn't sound like a great idea.

• Bechti, what exactly did you modify to add the 7 pin MIDI connector? FCB and Kemper? I don't dare to hack the Kemper (yet) but running three cables across stage doesn't sound like a great idea.

3 cables?
    NO!
    I use this. http://www.ikea.com/de/de/catalog/products/20097954/
    It's so easy to make a multi core out of 3-4 cables.

• Quoted from "trebie"
    I'd prefer a single thin cable with a 7 pin DIN plug on each end. Unfortunately the Kemper doesn't feature a 7 pin MIDI connector out of the box.

You could get the Rocktron cable and 3M that adapter inside the cavity. No need to send the power through the Kemper 8)

As far as I know supports the Rocktron cable unidirectional MIDI only. To fully utilize all FCB1010+UNO4kemper features I'd need a second MIDI cable.
    A single 7 wire cable should be sufficient to transmit MIDI out, MIDI in and power.

• As far as I know supports the Rocktron cable unidirectional MIDI only. To fully utilize all FCB1010+UNO4kemper features I'd need a second MIDI cable.
    A single 7 wire cable should be sufficient to transmit MIDI out, MIDI in and power.

That I don't know, but you'd obviously need two plugs on each end. Solder one?

• how do you connect 7 pin to fcb1010? One I have only has two 5 pin midi port for in/out. Do you need to modify the fcb and replace one of 5 pin midi port with 7 pin? Any pointer how to do that would be appreciated. thanks

You could get the [quote='trebie','index.php?page=Thread&postID=96985#post96985']I'd prefer a single thin cable with a 7 pin DIN plug on each end. Unfortunately the Kemper doesn't feature a 7 pin MIDI connector out of the box.

You could get the Rocktron cable and 3M that adapter inside the cavity. No need to send the power through the Kemper 8)

[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14850408/Photo-18.07.13-22-49-19.jpg]

• how do you connect 7 pin to fcb1010? One I have only has two 5 pin midi port for in/out. Do you need to modify the fcb and replace one of 5 pin midi port with 7 pin? Any pointer how to do that would be appreciated. thanks

shredmaster, this was my original question to Bechti.
    There are instructions online how to add phantom power to the FCB1010. An additional MIDI IN channel requires more pins than available with the normal 5 pin MIDI connector. It would be necessary to replace one 5 pin by a 7 pin connector. Maybe Bechti could give some details.