Posts by WyattJohn

I've had my Kemper for just over a year and I've come to the conclusion that it's just not sounding great. I've spent hundreds on professional profiles and have used the Kemper on every project since it was purchased, with multiple guitars and players. I just finished a project where I opted to use a Neural DSP amp sim instead because it simply sounded better.

I am running the Kemper into an Apollo Twin via SPIDF and capturing the DI and STACK sound simultaneously, with the clock source set to SPIDF and the sample rate matching my session at 48k. I've compared the sound of the raw DI coming from the Kemper to the HI-Z input of the Apollo and the sound virtually identical.

So I decided to do some experiments. I purchased an Orange Rockerverb from a German profiler that sounded amazing in the youtube video and tried to recreate the sample track from the ground up. Note that I don't have the exact same guitar as the profiler, so I understand it will never sound exactly the same. He is using a telecaster and I am using a high end statocaster. What I am mainly concerned is the quality of the tone. Here's my results:

Hello,

I bought my first Kemper in August when the stage can out. I had been a Helix user for years and once the "all-in-one" form factor was out, I had to have it. I sold my Helix to partially fund the Kemper Stage and then once I was able to profile my Archon 50, I sold that as well (those profiles are available on exchange, Search Archon and author is Jim F). I really got to the point that I could not stand the constant tweaking to get a good tone. Currently my preferred way to play my Stage is into the Orange Pedal Baby 100 into a Mesa Lonestar 212. I have been enjoying the tones I get and look forward to the up coming updates and releases.

[edit by mod: removed links]

Hi Guys , just wondering if an old profile created with early firmwares are of less quality then newer ones ? I know the procedure is still the same of course but I wonder if with new created profiles the quality is better due to software ... Not that I noticed this btw just a question ;)

appvalley tutuapp tweakbox

I’ve been running MIDI automation for all my live patch changes on my Kemper for the last 3 tours I’ve done, and I absolutely love it(and nerding out about it).

Do any of my fellow live-setting Kemper users here also run MIDI automation?

If anyone has any questions, there are a lot of resources online, but I’d be happy to help in any way I can!

I have been trying to make up my mind regarding what brand and size. Ideally, I want to have the most compact set up. These are some of my needs: XLR & 1/4 outs, at least 1 auxiliary/monitor out, at least 2 XLR inputs, at least 1 stereo channel (for my keyboard), and another channel to run an aux cord/VCA cables. Most of what I play is background jazz/pop. Upon these descriptions, there are some specific Soundcraft, Mackie, and Yamaha models that come to mind. The issue with ones of these dimensions is that they have AC cords/adaptors that are hard/empensive to replace. Ones with 4-6 XLR inputs generally don't have these issues, except for them being largish/bulky.

Some colleagues/friends have suggested to get something larger, because "one never knows". I am not sure if this will happen anytime soon, hence my trepidation. But I recognize that it would nice to have. It would also be nice to have some EQ, some effects, and combo input jacks.

With these things in mind, are there any suggestions either for the way to approach this or what mixer to get?

vidmate mobdro word counter