Posts by RRK2M4

Even if you use 2 windows, whatever you do in the second one will affect the other.

I'm trying out rigs, going through them one by one, and I simply drag and drop from the list of results to the Profiler, or to my local library. Even if drag and drop does not change windows, the cursor is immediately moved to the end, and then I need to scroll through the list of results to re-select the entry I had.

It's just bad experience, nobody can spin this as "feature not a bug".

One other peculiar behavior, with two windows open. If in the new windows I switch from example the Rig Exchange to the Profiler and I load a profile, the main window will also switch to that view, which kind of defeats the purpose of having multiple windows open. I don't know what possible reason could be for this, but in my opinion each window should remain unaffected by activity on other windows.

I've had issues with constant clicking through SPDIF. On my interface (Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd gen) I change the Sync Source from Internal to S/PDIF.

This means that the interface will no longer use it's internal PLL for generating the sampling clock, but rely on the Kemper signal, which I think is autodetected from the digital packets sent on the coax cable. The clicking stopped entirely.

The drawback is that when I close the Kemper, the interface will no longer work, because the clock signal disappears of course. Luckily, on the 18i20 Scarlett MixControl I simply change back to Internal Sync which works with no hiccups.