Posts by wlundahl

I think you need to change the Input Source in the Input menu to use or as a loop if you haven't already.

I’ve already verified input source is correctly set in the menu. Hence the text reading “direct out used for effects loop” and having that feed from last pedal in my chain into the return input.

If sound comes back when you turn the X slot off (disengage the loop) - you've most likely got something routed incorrectly.

When that's happened to me, I usually the input/output reversed or in the wrong jack.”

this is not the case, as I’ve verified routing numerous times. I deal with signal flow daily as it is a major part of my career. I’ve verified input source in the menus as well.

After reading the effects loop section of the manual multiple times, watching multiple videos of effects loop functionality on the kemper, and reading other user threads, I haven’t solved this issue.

I’m attempting to route my external board in my chain. I’ve selected the “x” section for my effects loop. Here is my chain.

guitar>front input>effects loop (100% mix, 0 ducking, 0.0 volume)>direct out/send>Life Pedal V3>Bit commander>data corrupter>rainbow machine>avalanche run>return input> monitor output.

My issue is that when the effects loop is engaged, I have no audible signal. When pedals are active I also have no input signal. I’ve verified all my cables, power, and routing multiple times in this chain. When ensuring I have a solid connection on the return output, it seems the kemper is attempting to make a connection as if it were a loose 1/4 connection. This isn’t always the case. I do have output and volume while adjusting ducking and mix, but no pedal functionality.

I then factory reset my device and attempted this with a fresh factory reset rig. The issue persists. I’ve also attempted to use the stereo and distortion outs and have attempted with one pedal in each of these.

Message displayed in output section is “direct out used for effects loop.”

I’ve been experiencing issues with my amp output for awhile now. After months of troubleshooting, re-reading the user manual countless times, updated firmware, reflashing profiles, I’m ready to send my Kemper in. However, are there any Kemper authorized repair shops in the U.S. or do I need to pay an arm and a leg to send it to Germany and have to pay VAT taxes for the repairs? I’ve been given info to a shop in Dallas, but they didn’t want to talk about any info regarding the amp to tell me if they’d be able to repair it. Has anyone had any good experiences with repair shops in the U.S.? Located in FL.