Posts by MarcusGR

Anyone got a good profile to mimic the sound of this awesome solo? What effects are used here apart from Wah and Delay?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Or let me ask this:

How should I approach recording a rhythm part with my Kemper and ensure that it sounds good on regular headphones? The fact that it sounds good on my speakers isn't reliable because the room vibrations add fullness to the sound and that might be misleading if with headphones, the guitar sounds so dry.

Ok, I will do tomorrow when I have time. The sound sounds very... dry. No fullness. It sounds like I connected my guitar to a 50$ amplifier. It's fuzzy and dry. With the Amplifi75 as a box, it sounds good. Bassy, full, great note seperation on complex chords. When listening to the recordings with my headphones, all this fullness is gone and it just sounds harsh to the ears.

You'll hear what I mean tomorrow. :)

Thanks for the input. I checked everything and all the settings are fine. I noticed that the sound through the headphones is great if I have them directly connected to the Kemper. When I use the headphones on the audio interface, the sound is terrible. Everything recorded through the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2 sounds terrible. That's why VSTs never worked for me. Is this audio interface bad in general?

Hey everyone,

I have an issue. I want to record my first song with the Kemper Stage Profiler. The guitar sounds amazing through my Amplifi 75 that I use as a speaker, but as soon as I record the audio and listen to it through my headphones, it sounds very dry and harsh. I tried playing with EQ settings, the amplifier settings (definition, clarity, etc.) but it just doesn't sound good. When I listen to recordings of others through my headphones, it sounds great so I doubt my headphones are the reason. I start to wonder if it's the audio interface that is bad because I also never got a good sound with it when I used it for VSTs.

This is my signal chain:
    Guitar -> Kemper -> Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2 -> PC (Cakewalk)

I use very good profiles from Andy James.

Hey guys. Are there any profiles out there that I could use to mimic the sound of Stranglehold by Ted Nugent?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey guys.

I am a fan of Shining and I want to cover a few of their songs for practise reasons. However, I have issues finding the perfect rig for that purpose. I am looking for a free or paid rig that offers a sound that is similar to the rhythm guitar in the following songs:

Can anybody suggest some profiles? It does not matter if they are free or not. :)