Posts by Stephencrocetti

I have had my sights set on a mesa mark V for a while now however since ill be moving into an apartment soon, i would hate to spend so much on an amp i couldn't use at home. since then ive been thinking kemper but im not sure if it would be the best fit for me

i have no worries about liking the tone of the kemper when compared to a mic'd amp however...

my metal band has never played with any sort of foh or mic situation. basement/backyard shows, cranked amps and the drummer hits hard as he can. no real reason for a mic in a situation like this, in such a small space your pounding the audiences ear drums as it is. in a situation like this, how would the kemper paired with a power amp and guitar cab sound on stage compared to the other guitarists tube amp?

am i better off just buying the mark V and getting something like a neural dsp VST for at home?

edit: i make music at home separate from the band aswell so the quality of my home recording tone is just as important as my live sound.