Posts by JoaoMota

Hi guys,

So i've been trying all the possible ways of connecting the Kemper to the interface and been quite surprised how different it sounds, let me know your personal experience, and yes i'm quite picky about small details.

ps. different cables and connectors make all the difference in the world of course!

I was using XLR-XLR to the Apollo Twin and always liked the sound of it but it wasn't line level as the interface assumed it was a mic signal. Even with the preamp all the way down there is a 6db boost if i'm not mistaken. I always played this way but later found it adds something and i can definitely hear it quite well when recording in a DAW. It's not what i hear threw my DT770 (which i love and totally trust).

Then i tried TS-TS from Main Out to Apollo Twin and line level, this method it's possibly my favorite at the moment threw the Apollo Twin as i can use line level but i had to boost the preamp gain to 9/10 o'clock. Nevertheless i feel it's more accurate to the sound i'm hearing threw the headphones out, only better. It has some kind of compression and darkness to the sound.

Yesterday i decided to make some cables as i had two female female XLR cables that i was not using (there's no live music here at the moment and i'm not working as a technician unfortunately) so i went to buy two TRS jacks and solder with two female XLR.

XLR-TRS: I was curious with this method but i later i found it's quite bright and without the compression i was hearing threw the other two methods, i normally like my amps without Kemper compression (like TopJimi profiles, msuijs deluxe reverb, or even MBritt that doesn't add a lot of comp) but with this method i found i was missing something, all that brightness and headroom seemed almost an unnatural tube amp sound)

What i realized threw this is the way i connected the Kemper made my choose different profiles, i have my favs that i always use (msuijs 64 Deluxe Reverb, Top Jimi 67 Super Reverb, MBritt AC30, Victory V140 (my own) and Two Rock Classic Reverb (also my own profile)) and wasn't liking them with the XLR-TRS and had to find others like Tonejunkie's (have almost all of them) and others.

Am i just paranoid and super picky about these things or you guys can also feel these small changes that make you play differently and even sound different?

What's your favorite method to connect the Kemper to your interfaces?

Kemper lover here, it's the piece of equipment that changed my life for sure, i can have my sound at home, studio and live with my Seymour Duncan Power Stage 170 and my 112 cabinet.

I tried almost all Fender Blackface profiles and always keep coming back to this one. It's absolutely perfect for what i do with every guitar i have. I have some of your pedals also and tried to use them with the Deluxe clean pushed profile (my favorite) and actually they sound exactly the same as your profile with the kot boost for example, my kot is set as standard (boost and od). I was wondering why it works so well with other IR's now i got it, it has an ownhammer IR on it. What i want to try next is these profiles with my Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 and a speaker as i think it will sound awesome also 'cause of the way you profiled it, it's like a merged profile.

Thanks mate i wish you had a Vox ac30 and a Super Reverb as you're a master at profiling :)

I'm having a led problem since i updated to 8.0.0, some leds on the gain, master volume and on the performer banks are always on without any reason, when i'm turning the kemper on, when i'm updating.. First i thought it was an update bug and didn't think too much as it didn't bother me but know i'm starting to get a bit preoccupied with that issue.
    Any oppinions?

Thanks.