Posts by Christof72

Hi

I'm using UNO4KEMPER on a FCB1010 since a few days. I had trouble from start, but after a while it seemed to work, but I still have some strange observations and would like to understand if this is normal:

- First time boot up after UNO4KEMPER was installed didn't work. Switching on caused just a click after some time, no function running. Second start worked fine. This happens again if the FCB1010 is not used for some time (1-2 days)

- Initial configuration for the 2nd row was not as described in the UNO4KEMPER manual. I had to manually assign. Also here I discovered that the configuration is lost after a while when switched off (at last partly, maybe it goes back to default)

First point is strange, but now I know, I just have to turn it on twice after some time, but the loss of configuration is really annoying. Maybe this is also linked to the first problem. It may have booting issues when no configuration is found...? Where is the config stored, in the UNO4KEMPER EPROM? Or somewhere else?

Thanks,

Christof

I checked it, no change. But now I checked the wiring inside the brand new cables.

I ordered 2 pcs from Amazon. One was correct, one had pin 2 & 3 crossover. UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

As I need it tonight, I repaired myself and it works now. Sorry, for bothering you with this issue !

Hi,

I just received my UNO4KEMPER chip and installed in the FCB1010. First boot up, nothing happened apart from a click after a long time. Then I switched off and on again. 2nd time it came up and showed "---" on the display. (no midi cable connected)

Then I calibrated the pedals with 1+5 which worked fine, then connected it to the Kemper. The FCB display shows "00" since then. But there's no connection established. Kemper doesn't show up anything and pushing buttons on either side is not reflected on the other side.

Any ideas, suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Christof

Thanks again for your comment.

In the manual of the UNO4KEMPER I found the following sentence: "If you have MIDI in one direction only (from FCB1010 to Profiler), due to a hardware malfunctioning or because you only have 1 working MIDI cable available, you can still use the FCB1010 for Kemper Profiler control. To do so, start up the FCB1010 while keeping following switches pressed..."

That sounds like it would also work with one cable, but with convenience loss. But I agree that your proposal is most likely the easiest and independent solution, unfortunately another piece of HW with power supply...

Hi,

I'm using a Kemper now for quite a while, mostly for recording with Logic pro. Among other connections, my audio interface is connected via midi out to the Kemper (midi in) to be able to have a timely exact control of effects. Incredible feature of the Kemper :)

Now due to Corona, we can't play with the band in the same room, so we perform it over the internet. Another use case for the Kemper. Obviously I need a footswitch for this, so I bought a FCB1010 and a UNO4KEMPER chip (hopefully arriving soon). Again I need FCB out to Kemper in (and FCB in to Kemper out)

I'm not very familiar with Midi and I don't like to plug and unplug connectors for different use cases, so I'd like to understand if there's a permanent solution for the wiring using Midi Thru or any switch box or similar.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Cheers,

Christof