Posts by dswguitars

Obviously I'm in a 80's band and were doing that song. I've got the keyboard player working on it. We could also just use a track to cover it. But it would have been cool if I could pull it off on guitar. I'd been messing around with it for awhile without success, or anything I'd consider using live. Its good to know that everyone pretty much agrees it ain't gonna happen, at least not without Kemper giving us a new magic effect. Thank you all for your knowledge and graciousness to share it. You are much appreciated.

Hi All,
    Yes, YES I did search for stutter effects. And yes I am playing around with the tremolo effects.
    Specifically I'm trying to recreate that stutter guitar in the beginning of the Information Society song What's on your Mind (Pure Energy) This is an old 80's tune so one one think we should be able to easily recreate that sound today. But honestly its probably not even a Guitar as there is no guitar player EVER listed in the band!
    So I'm looking for suggestions on how YOU would go about recreating this sound for Guitar. I'm sure there must be a few different ways to cook this up. Here's a link Whats on your Mind (Pure Energy)

Maybe I can bring this thread back to life.

Ok.... so guys in cover bands are looking for performances for for cover songs. Simple as that. I don't need to recreate Neil Schon's rig. I don't need to nail his tone dead on. I mean, I don't have his fingers so its never gonna happen anyway. I just need to get close on "Lights" or Don't Stop Believing. Etc. Now I realize those are actually pretty easy ones and I've already built those. But lets say I get a call to sub for some cover band and they do a bunch of stuff I don't regularly do. It'd sure be nice to have some starting places. And with the talent using Kemper there has got to be a bunch of people who've already gone through the process.
    Look at the job the Praise and Worship guys are doing. Its amazing. I can buy 100 P&W songs from Tone Junkie for like $1 each when they're on sale, and that dude is making money because to sit down and program 100 songs for my church gig...or buy em all for $100 and tweak to my liking. TAKE MY MONEY! There are guys out there that not only give you the entire performance for like $3.99 but also give you a video of how to play the song and when to push the buttons. So come on, somebody's gotta be doing this for "Still of the Night" or "Crazy Train" or "Play that Funky Music", "Sweet Home Alabama" and Yes I realize Michael Britt has done a bit of this. But there has to be tons of this stuff around right? Where is it?