Posts by giambibolla

I have finally tried the Fender FR12.

Hiss is there, quite annoying as I thought it would have been, but it reduces a lot with cut knob at noon, and it is irrelevant at volume above 4/5, which is a good thing.

Suprisingly good with the kemper kone features on, which in my opinion is far better than used as a FRFR as it would be intended.

I am definitely buying one.

No...just no. It's absolutely overblown. Holding the mic on the cloth I measure 30-32dB. At 3m of distance it's a whisper. When, then it contributes to the Amp in the room feeling :D

I get your point; what I meant is that it’s a real issue for me. I admit I still haven’t tried FR12 , my thoughts are based on the YT demos exposing the “problem”.

I wonder if Fender eingeneered that on purpose (the amp in the room feeling) choosing noiser components (which , by chance, cost 10 time less) instead of the noiseless opamps mentioned in the link above.

Anyway, what do you thin of FR12 compared to the Power Kabinet?

The hiss is a real issue and is due to the low quality opamps used in the eq section of the board; those opamps can be replaced by better quality ones , not an easy job for anyone not familiar with desoldering and soldering, but not impossible.

I bet a good tech can do the job for 50/100€ , plus materials (50€)

If anyone is interested here is my source of info:

Fender FR-10/FR-12 noise reduction mod
    Came up with a relatively easy mod to kill pretty much all hum on the FR-12! And, given it uses the exact same preamp board, this should work on the FR-10 just…
    thegearforum.com

It seems that Fender is aware of that and is releasing new batches with the new components

First of all, os9 have to be officially released (it is still a beta after all), then we will see: developers are working on it and hopefully we won't have to wait all the 9.Xs to reach os10, or at least I think so.

I don't think so. HW mentioned in a subsequent video (I think) that the rollout would probably be incremental, with USB audio the first step.

I missed that part, but I'm glad to know that, I was beginning to think that liquid feature could have been a -whether- instead of -when-

thanks