Posts by Daviebutt76

Thanks for the response bud I appreciate the advice. I would, however, question something that you've said. Any guitar amp has to go through a speaker and every speaker has sonic boundaries. Full range speakers obviously have a wider set of frequency parameters but surely normal guitar amp speakers don't go as low or high frequency as the Kemper is capable of going!?! Therefore why not include a 'pre set' that limits the EQ and only goes as low frequency and the lowest guitar speaker and as high as the highest frequency guitar speaker? Surely that'd be common sense? Why on earth would I need the option to produce a guitar tone / frequency that no guitar speaker on earth ever could or would create? Thats a legitimate question surely?

Thats all really helpful thanks guys ?? so... I'm guessing, from what you've said, that the two HPF / LPF that I'm using (ie one in the output stage and another in the x slot) probably have different bell curves? What i don't understand, still, it why on earth the Kemper allows frequencies, which should never be present in guitar tone, to be present? Surely it'd make more sense for it to be set to only create 'guitar-like' frequencies in the first place!?! I'm guessing that this is where somebody is going to tell me that the 'magic' in a guitar amps sound lives in a little bit of those fizzy and / or boomy frequencies being added?

Hello mate. Thanks for your response. I understand what you've said. What I can't understand is why HPF and LPF, in an EQ in the X slot, can be audibly heard cutting frequencies that are already supposedly being cut by HPF and LPF that I've also set in the output section! Surely HPF/LPF, in the output section, should've already eliminated those frequencies. I assumed that, once I'd set the HPF/LPF in the output, any adjustments that I made outside of those parameters (via EQ in the X slot) would be inaudible (because the output section had already illuminated them). This is not the case and I can't understand why. Instead I'm finding that a LPF in the x slot paired with a HPF in the output is getting the best results. I can't understand why!

Hello. I have bought a powered Kemper rack which I'm running into 2 x 12" Celestion F12 x200 speakers in a wooden cab. I am utilising the high and low pass filters in the output stage of the Kemper. But I'm finding that, with them alone, I am still getting lots of unwanted frequencies. In response to this I've taken to putting a EQ in the x slot and I'm using the high and lows filters on this as well (whilst also having the high and low pass filters on in the output stage). What I want to know is two fold -

1, is it a bad idea to do this?

2, how come the EQ, in the X slot, is managing to find and kill frequencies when the output stage high and low pass filters should have already killed them?

I've asked on all the forums and nobody seems to be able to explain it to me.

Any advice would be extremely welcome.

Thanks

Dave