Posts by BegravementEzra

Hi everyone!

I own a KPA, but I'm still not too well-versed in the specific tones each amp is known for. There's a rather underground album that was released about a year ago called The Eternal Resonance by the Swedish progressive death metal trio Sweven. The album relies more heavily on clean tones than most death metal you'll find, and the prevalent guitar sound is absolutely spectacular. Does anyone know what amps were used on this album, or have any recommendations for profiles that would get me a similar tone?

Sweven - "By Virtue of a Promise"

In this song, there are a few distinct sounds. There are great clean tones at 0:00 and 0:50, as well as a nicely overdriven sound that can be best heard at about 3:53. Any help tracking down any of these tones would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Hi! My name is Ezra.

I've been playing guitar for about nine years and admittedly, I've never focused too much on understanding gear. When I first saw a Kemper a few years back, I was blown away and promised myself I would own one someday. Back in November, I finally made it happen. I own a powered head, foot controller, and Kemper bag in addition to a Mission Engineering cab and expression pedal that I use for it. I don't know much about analog amps and their distinct sounds, so I still have a lot to learn if I want to use my KPA to its full potential.

I might not be super active on this forum, but I look forward to getting to know you all!

Just one question: Is there a thread I can go to if there's a tone I like in a song and I want to find a profile that'd be similar? Thanks!

Sincerely,

Ezra