Posts by ricepr

All in the box would surely be best. I still prefer a couple of my dirt pedals, but I would not NEED to use them at all if I was still playing out

I would like a meatier sounding univibe (to use a highly technical term....). Chewier may be better.

This is what I found at Gilmourish.. Close

For Run Like Hell, David's using what he refers to as "triplets". Set up one, your main, delay for 380ms, with 7-8 repeats and unity level with the guitar. Set up a second unit, placed after the first, with 507ms, 7-8 repeats and low mix/level.
    The effect is similar to what you'd get from those old tape machies, with multiple playback heads. You can very well just use the single 380ms delay but adding the second 507ms, adds emphasis on the first beat and a more reverb-like character to the delays.
    David would often set the ouput level on his Binson Echorec quite high back in the early 70s. This created that classic etheral, reverb-like early Floyd sound heard on several albums and not least concert recordings.
    He would also raise the pre-amp or input level, which created a fatter and slightly compressed tone. You want an almost exaggerated echo, that pops out on fret and skin buzz on the neck as shown in this clip.

https://youtu.be/vZWFvSCNeK8

I'd like to get a cab for my powered cabinet. Kemper Kab is possibility but I would prefer 2x12. So looking at Katana unpowered 2x12. Other options are 2x12 cab and 2 Kones. Perhaps a powered Kab and an unpowered one.

This for live performance in Madison Square Living Room, stereo would be nice. Real gigs no, faux ones yes.

Thanks for the input

Part of me would love to do that, should have got unpowered toaster and amp instead of powered toaster in hindsight.

Or add amp and have a W/D/W rig that would fill the living room :)

I've had my powered toaster for a while, and I love it.

Now if I can find a profile of my beloved Carr Vincent/Viceroy (gone unfortunately), and a 65 SoHo so I can sound like Andy.......

Play CSNY, G Dead, Prog, Alt Country, and Jazz(ish). Main influences Neil Y, Stills, Garcia, Weir, Gilmour, Knopfler, Robbie Robertson, John McLaughlin, Steve Cropper, David Grissom, Santana, the Three Kings, Harrison