Posts by Brenkj

Thanks, ST. I have looked at that. My problem (or one of them) is that I get confused between how the toaster/remote works versus the Stage.

By the way, you're a life saver explaining that changes don't apply retroactively. Once I wrapped my brain around that, things started going smoothly. I only have 3 or 4 profiles left to load now.

I did run into one other weird glitch (hopefully the last one for the day). I found an awesome pre-made solo tone on Rig Exchange (delay, reverb, etc. all built in already). It sounds amazing in Browse, but when I assign it to a button in Perform, all that awesome delay and reverb are gone. I've tried it several times and the same thing keeps happening. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Mr. High Maintenance here again. While I'm trying to figure out this Browse/Performance issue, I decided to go ahead and program a few of the other buttons one Perf. 1 and 2. But I can't even activate any of the stomp buttons other than 1 in order to assign rigs to them. I have rehearsal tomorrow and I'm pulling my hair out just trying to assign a few rigs to performances.

Thanks for the response. I tried that and, sure enough, several buttons were lit up as "locked". I unlocked them all, but I'm still getting a different tone in Browse versus Performance. Just to make sure it's not my imagination, I checked the Gain readout. Sure enough, the Gain is showing about 4.5 in Browe, but 3.5 in Performance - for the exact same rig. The exact same thing happened on another performance with another rig, so I don't think the problem is specific to that one rig.

Kemper newbie here so sorry if this is a basic question. I picked out all my rigs to fill out about 4 performances and then started programming them. While in Perf. 1, I decided the rig on button 2 didn't have quite enough gain, so I turned up the gain for that button and pressed "store". I then found that the gain had also been raised on button 1. I couldn't figure out how to go back to square one, so I rearranged the performances in Rig Manager, reassigning Perf. 1 to Perf. 50 or something, just so that I could have a blank performance to work with in spot 1. But it's still giving me problems. I found the perfect profile for button 1 in Browse mode, but when I stored in in Perf. 1, button 1, it sounded completely different. To make sure I wasn't going crazy, I toggled back and forth between Browse and Perform several times and, sure enough the same rig sounds very different in the two modes. Any ideas what the heck is going on?

Thanks.

Thanks. As I worked through learning how to use the Stage, I realized it might be easier to just delete stuff I didn't want. It took a little while, but I got the total number of rigs down from 650 to about 300. No need to reset now, I don't think.

Thanks for the response. I did a little more looking around, and I think what was confusing me is how dead simple it is. So if I want to, for example, create a second volume level for rig button 1 in Performance 1, I just activate button 1, then press it again to activate morph 1. Then I go to the parameters for that rig, and adjust rig volume. Is that all there is to it?

Thanks.

I've only had my Kemper Stage for a few days, so apologies if this is a basic question. I need to be able to boost the volume of my rhythm tone - ideally without changing the tone itself - with a simple click of a button (not a volume pedal). Not all the way to solo volume (I'll have a separate stomp programmed for that), but kind of halfway between rhythm volume and solo. I could swear I read/heard somewhere that I can program a stomp button to do just that - toggle back and forth between two output volumes with the same profile - but I can't seem to find anything about that in the manuals. Any advice on this? Thanks.

Thanks for all the responses. I felt a little uncomfortable with resetting it, so I took the time to go through all 650 of the profiles and deleted about half of them. That really made it easier to navigate through and pick what I want.

I bought a gently used Stage Profiler earlier this week. I'm really impressed, but I'm drowning in hundreds of rigs, effects and performances from the previous owner. Would I be best off to just wipe everything and reset it to factory settings, then start over by loading rigs and effects I actually want? If so, how do I perform a reset? I found some threads on resetting Kempers, but most of them relate to the original "toaster," not the Stage. Thanks.

I just bought my Stage Profiler and I'm in the process of finding good rigs to use. I'm looking for two rigs I can use for solos: (1) One that will pair well with rock to semi-hard rock (I really like the solo tones of Tad Kubler of the Hold Steady, for example), and (2) One that's less gritty, but still has some gain - kind of like a slightly distorted honky tonk solo tone. Any recommendations? Thanks.