Posts by hiflyerint

Thanks for the input and suggestions! I've had the Kemper for only a couple of weeks so I've been studying the manual and discovering it's potential. I'll most likely go with one of those active talk-box units. For stage monitoring I will be using the EV PXM-12MP powered floor monitor which has a couple of inputs, one of which has a dedicated Thru output XLR connector. I plan on using the Profiler MON out to one of the EV inputs for normal monitoring.

I'm thinking I could create a Rig for the talk-box utilizing all necessary EQ, modulation and time-based effects then utilize a post-stack Effects loop module and route it to the talk box via a Send jack. From there I could connect the talk-box mic (I don't normally sing) to the other EV input to monitor the effect on stage and then connect a mic cable to that input's Thru output and send that to the FOH console. I would then have to mute the Kemper Main & Monitor outputs for the rig.

Could work I suppose. Looks good on a bar napkin anyway..

Hey all! I have an old talk box I made way back in the day when I was working for EV in Buchanan MI. It's basically an EV 1824S compression driver that Joe Walsh had in his rig at one time, with a heavy duty switch to route the output of my guitar amp to it. It actually still sounds pretty good but now that I am preparing to gig with the Stage unit for the first time I am thinking of trying the latest MXR talk-box out. I figured I would run a compressor and EQ pre-stack and then put the MXR post-effect modules. So I'm wondering if anyone here is using one with the Kemper unit or have any suggestion.

Thx

Hey all.

I'm new to the Kemper and basically new to modeling/ profiling units. I've been playing my 78 Les Paul through my Mark IIC for the past 35 years. That old amp still sounds great but is getting heavier to lug around by the year, so I thought I would try something different. I've actually successfully profiled my Mark IIC (at least I'm satisfied for now) in various modes. I also captured it playing through a Boss OD-1X pedal, which I think is an awesome sounding pedal! We play mostly old school vintage rock these days. I also have a Fender American Strat I purchased sometime in the 90's and have just recently picked up some kind of Tele clone, which I basically leave in open G for a couple Stones tunes. I haven't actually played live with he Kemper yet, but hoping to soon. Anyway, that's pretty much it..