Posts by Hamburgo2000

• Im using the Kemper rig manager for iOS
    • Hey, if I want to switch my profile I always have to tediously use the arrow buttons…

Is there a better way?

would be awesome to get a list of my rigs/profiles

And also the options amplifier, ist there a way to get more presets?

Best regards

Hey guys,

I recently bought an awesome tube amp, a Carr Mercury V. It has an Input and a Line Out for recording. No FX Loop. (Im not even sure if thats relevant,) Im a novice with all of this - Thats why I need to rely on you awesome folks haha.)

Anyway.. I was starting to think maybe I should get some pedals for my tube amp... The usual Gearhead route.

But then I thought to myself why not use the Kemper as an Effects processor, basically take the whole stack out so Ill use my Tube amp and Cab but also throw on the Effects I want to play with. I dont have an expression pedal though.

Would that be doable? Is it even worth it or would it sound like shit?

How do I even do this?

Guitar in Kemper

Select the Effects I want

Disable the whole stack

And throw on MOD and FX Loop

Can I also use Delay?

And what Kemper output would I use? Main Output with Master Stereo? Or Monitor Output with Master Mono?

How would I go about it in the Kemper settings?

If you have any resources for me to read I would be happy about any link or any other help.

I’ve decided to give it an in-depth try once more and this time I was convinced.

Same settings as before, Cab off and Master Mono.

But this time I’ve used the boss on 100 Watt, because fuck the neighbors haha (jk, not gonna risk it that much more often during the night)

Anyway, this time I was convinced by the sound of the Boss.
    I compared the sound of the profiles, between the boss and the headphones obsessively. Everything lined up as I wanted it to.
    That being said, sometimes I do have the feeling as if the underlying tone of the boss between profiles and different amps sounds identical.. (Maybe the speaker has to really warm up? It is quite new after all?) But if I compare the profile directly with my headphones it is nearly the same. This is kinda weird haha.
    It might be that my Sennheiser 650 HD are just a tad bit better compared to the Boss Katana 100 MK2 .

I’ll check it out more in depth tomorrow after work.

Thank you very much for your help, I feel like I learned more on how to work my unit and what it is capable of. Can’t wait to read more in the big ass journal.

Till then folks and friends!

Ok so now I’m sending master mono to my Boss katana which is there plugged in power amp.
    And to be honest now there’s no difference in sound anymore. I’ve tried it with Monitor Cab on and off and tweaked around a bit but not to much because I’m tired as hell.
    Maybe you guys have some solutions?
    Im gonna use my headphones for now as I’ve had a 10 hour work day haha.

On Friday I’ll trouble shoot.

Hey ST, it’s you again. :)

So for the Power Amp I’ll buy 1/4 to dual 1/4 cable.
    Is there anything I should change in the output menu when using Headphones?

I wanted to try my Behringer Ultra tube gain 500 and if it’s not good I would buy a new one.

Thanks for the help, I’ll be back tomorrow. :)

Hey everyone,

in order to connect my Kemper with an Boss katana 100 Mk2 which Output would you recommend?
    Main output or monitor output?
    To be honest I’m still confused about what output is best suited for what and was unable to find sufficient info on the web.

I was thinking on buying dual 1/4 to 1/4 cable and connect the boss via the main output for best sound.

How would you recommend I connect an audio interface?

Best regards

Learn your Kemper first. Adjust the HP and LP filters in the Output menu (High Cut / Low Cut) first and then play around with the OEM profiles. If you find them lacking then spring $$$ for commercial stuff. I've had my Kemper now for 5 months and have not found the need for commercial profiles yet. If I do decide to buy some I will be very discriminate on which I would choose. No need to spend $100's for profiles to get good tone, IMO.

Good to know that the quality of free profiles is so good, it probably takes up to a year or longer to kind of get a grasp on everything with the kemper.

Do you find yourself tweaking the knobs on the kemper often or do you stick to the profile as is?

Are there some resources on what the know does and so on? I think ToneJunkie TV has some good videos, would you agree?

Damn how come I havent stumbled upon these videos yet, thank you very much,

Im quite pleased with the Sound portait here. But a Guitar Cabinet is tempting.. haha

Any must have packs out there or should I "just" play around with the Kemper at first?

Hey everyone,

i´ve just ordered my first Kemper, I´m hoping it will be here soon.

Im planning on playing trough Sennheiser 650 HD and a Boss Katana 100 MK2. What do you guys think about the setup?

I have a Behringer Ultra Tube Gain 500, would that be sufficient as an audio interface or should I look for something else?

Cant wait to delve into the Kemper, any resources you´d recommend for a beginner?