Posts by RMAudio

Hi!

I would love to see an option where I could use the stomp footswitches on my Kemper Stage to send a MIDI program change message via the MIDI out. This would allow us to program an 'external effect' change for those of us who use MIDI operated external effects. This way you could for example program 4 different external effect settings on the footswitches inside 1 rig.

I am aware that I can send PC messages with a rig change in performance mode, but having it programmable on the stomp switches would give a lot more flexibility and allow for use in Browse mode as well.

Hi!

Thought I'd just give my 2 cents here. I've been a professional sound engineer for 10+ years, guitarist for 20+.

I usually work at big clubs, 2000/3000 capacity, but I've been in pretty much every sort of live environment you can think of. And let me tell you this: there are a LOT of engineers that have no idea what they're doing (even those touring with the 'bigger' acts). Besides that a lot of venues don't have their sound systems set up correctly.

As a guitar player you just can't win all the time, 'cause you're at the mercy of the system, room and engineer. All we as Kemper players can do is make sure we know our sound is as good as possible, and hope they don't fuck it up. I always ask sound-engineers to keep the EQ on my Kemper feed as minimal as possible, because I've spend a lot of time tweaking it in different scenario's. It only takes one big EQ change to fuck up your whole sound.

It will take a while and a lot of live playing to get your tone to a point where it always works. And even then there will be gigs where it won't sound great because that's just the way playing live works. Unless of course you start a stadium tour with your own PA and crew ;)

I’ve had the same problem with my Profiler Stage. Happened a couple of times. Pressed a different bank (2-5) in the performance, and randomly one of the effects is changed. Last time my delay (even in the delay slot) switched to a ‘wah lo pass’ or something, an effect I’ve never even used. Switch back to previous rig, and again to the ‘faulty’ rig and it’s back to normal.

Yes please! This is the thing that bothers me most about the iPad app. The app works well and looks great, but I would love to be able to:

- Have a list of all my performances and just tap on the one I wish to load (this would be a life saver for rehearsals...)
    - Being able to rearrange the performance order on my Profiler Stage with the iPad app, we sometimes decide on the setlist minutes before a gig.
    - In performance mode being able to select a slot on the iPad app and assign a rig from browse pool/favorites.

If this were added the iPad app would be perfect!