Posts by Darthbux

You get what you pay for. ;)

If the above is what you really want, you already mentioned RME and you already stated "seems like the best option".

Well, what do you wait for then? ;)

You want cheaper but same quality? Ain't gonna happen.

Yeah I agree with you, you get what you pay for.

But the main question for me is: With what % of the "main thing" are you satisficed with?? For example: My bass is 5 string Sterling by Music Man. Of course its not THE Music Man but its like 90% of the original quality and I paid 1/4 of the Music Man price. I'm not gonna pay 1k euros for the RME when I can get the same function (SPDIF) from a ~250e Focusrite. Especially since I'm only going to be recording for my soul.

Don't get me wrong, if I was rich I would go for the best stuff for sure :) Alas, I live in a 3rd world country and have a family to support.

I would. ;) and get a Motu M4! See this thread...

How to Reamp Kemper with Reaper (non-SPDIF Method) Tutorial..

Thanks MasterTexan :) However, since my Line6 does not have the necessary 4i4 and I need to buy a new one anyway I thought I should go with one that has spdif to make everything easier, and for the connection to have better quality? Essentially looking for a "best" option since I don't plan to change it anytime soon, maybe not ever. That being said, from my research it looks like a spdif interface would be the easiest for me to hook up and use with Reaper?

ZOOM U-44 - ~120euros is the cheapest and it looks like it fits all my needs though i heard the quality of Zoom interfaces is questionable.

Focusrite Clarett 2Pre - I can get a new one for ~240euros though this is kind of an old device? And I only see one optical input (is that opcital spdif? I would need an optical to coaxial converter as Kemper only has coax jacks?)? How do does that work with Kemper? I have no idea.

Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen - About the same price as the above, im thinking this might be my best option?

Anyway, i am a total noob to all of this! So any and all advice is greatly appreciated <3

Thats true... its 3x Focusrite while RME is 4x Focusrite! Thats pretty much the reason why im here trying to figure out if i really need to splurge for the higher end stuff if the Focusrite 8i6 or 6i6 will do the trick while not costing me an arm and a leg :)

Or if i even need the spdif jacks? Can i use the Kemper with my Line6 UX1? For recording that is..

Eh, convenience is such a broad term :) Im not a professional musician, just doing this for fun so i dont need anything fancy. SPL is almost 3 times more expensive than the focusrite so i guess price is a factor though i might chose to splurge for something special!

Hi guys!

I recently bought the lovely Kemper and now I want to connect it to Reaper (to begin with) and start recording!

I'm using Line 6 UX1 audio interface that does not have spdif jack.

Would the best course of action be to buy an interface with spdif or is there a way to connect my rig as it is?

If a spdif interface is recommended, which one should i get? From the little research i did so far i like these options the best:

ZOOM U-44

Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen or Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen (which one is better and why!? i cant figure it out)

MOTU 4PRE

RME Fireface UCX - this one is really expensive (~1k euro) but seems like the best option.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I am really new to this, practically clueless.

Thanks!!