Posts by jjmckeon

the guitar is plugged in all the time. after a reboot it is working perfectly. as i said, it is only in about 1 of 20 times this occurs.

There is a bubble in tuner mode, yes. but it is doing nothing like its frozen. i can play on the guitar what i want (yes, volume is max; i also tried it on a tube amp which is standing right next to it)

There is no deviation in the bubble. It is not moving at all when this occurs

FYI this issue sounds similar to my experience, posted today: Guitar input does not work (sometimes)

Note that I have never seen the input cut out while playing… the profiler is (so far) either fully working or having a dead input at startup.

I’m curious to know if you ever see the issue when you are playing the guitar a bit when it starts up? It could be luck, but I never see the issue when I make sure there is a signal coming from the guitar at startup.

Update: the noise gate setting does not make a difference, and I also experienced the same issue with another cable.

Summary: playing the guitar while starting up the Kemper Stage results in normal (awesome) function all the time. However, if the guitar end of the cable is unplugged, or the guitar is quiet (or volume pots turned off), then the input will not function approx. 20% of the time.

Any idea what else I should try? Should I attempt a complete software reset (I am currently running the latest software)? Can someone from Kemper confirm if this sounds like a hardware issue?

Thank you for the help.

Hi Don,

Yes the cable is in the input, no offense taken!

Thank you BayouTexan,

With the cable plugged into the Kemper, here are the scenarios I am experiencing:

- guitar not plugged in at startup... sometimes dead input after plugging in guitar (but not always)

- guitar plugged in, but sitting quiet on stand... sometimes dead input

- if I strum the guitar a bit while the Kemper boots up, it always works

This made me think that the Kemper is "listening" for at least some signal to know whether or not there is something connected.

In the first two scenarios, there seems to be no way to fix it without restarting... unplug and plug either end doesn't help, and changing the input source back and forth doesn't work.

I am experimenting with the input noise gate setting (changed it from the default 2.0 to 0.0) and so far that seems to work but we'll see.

I will also try another cable but I'm pretty sure I have seen the issue with both of my cables.

Thanks,

John

I noticed that sometimes when I power up my Kemper Stage, and then plug in a guitar, there will be no input... the tuner lights won't come on, it's just dead. Everything else on the device looks fine. Then, if I restart the Kemper while the guitar is already plugged in, everything works fine. Is this normal behavior? Does the Kemper sense what is connected at startup?

Thanks,

John