Posts by george homme

I am a tube amp user but..as we are expecting a baby i will need to change the setup of my playing ( sell my amp) as i will need to practise only late evening / nights but also i will need something to carry with me for rehearsals .

I am torn between the Kemper Stage or Toaster or Rack but also i have some other questions .

1. I have only one Electric guitar which is tuned in standard and in one band we use a lot of downtunings (1 tone - 2 tone down) . How is the transpose effect in kemper? it works well or will i have to use an external pedal like digitech drop?

2. If i am right the kemper came out in 2011 which is 10 years ago. How Kemper tones compare to Axe Fx II or III, Helix and Quad Cortex? (Amp Wise) . Is the Kemper in the end of its life cycle?

3. The effects i will need to use are Drive, Fuzz, Delay and Reverb (Spring most of the times) . How are those effects in the Kemper quality wise compared to the other Modellers etc?

(Drives, Fuzzes, Delays and verbs).

4. As far as i know the Kemper doesn t work like a soundcard. I know that i can run backing tracks for practise through the aux in / FX Returns. How is the quality through these?. Please note that i will use the Kemper only through HEadphones when in Home. In Studio i will connect it to PA Speakers. The Headphones i have are Sennheiser HD600 (300ohm) Can the kemper drive those Cans?

5. Are here any people that like NEil Young Tone (Crazy Horse Fender 5e3 Melt Distortion) . Any particular Profile that can you point me into to hear? I am really iterested in that tone. Also i Love the Plexi sound and AC30.

6. If i will Go Kemper Stage will i miss something from the Toaster or Rack Version that i should look into? If i rememeber correctly when the Stage came out there were a lot of people reporting problems with the hardware. Are those problems still exist?

7. How is the Kemper Stage using it live or in Studio Rehearsal?

Please note that this thread is not about comparing the current guitar playing solutions in the market but for me to make the right choice. Apparently i am not able to try any of those units in my area so i am trying to make my decision by asking and collecting feedback .

Thanks in advance