Posts by RogerL

I did play around with the directivity to get the treble down and actually also using the Kabinet off axis as well.

re my KRK monitors, checked against several other sources, all perfect so that seems not the problem.

Unless someone tells me that it is really strange that I had to adapt my Monitor Output EQ like mentioned above, I have seemed to find a workable solution.

thanks for the support.

Roger

Update to the above: it seems to all work and sound as it should when I change the Monitor Output EQ to something like +0,9 bass, + 2,0 middle, -3.4 treble and -2.1 presence, with bass boost off and directivity at 0.

With these settings, in FRFR mode while having the Kemper Kone on & Mon Cab off in the output section I create similar tones from the Kabinet vs my studio monitors. The imprints are also sounding good now.

So, as far as I can see, the DSP that is activated by enabling the Kemper Kone in the profiler is having quite an effect on the EQ of the signal (would that be to be able to adequately represent the imprints?), but anyways it seems my problem seems to be resolved :)

Hi guys,

Maybe someone can help with the following (sorry for the lengthy story, but I am quite puzzled):

I am using a Kemper Kabinet and is it needed to drastically alter the Monitor Output EQ on the profiler in order to correct for the fizzy / harsh sounds (both when I set it in FRFR mode and when using the imprints?

I know that in all cases I need to keep Kemper Kone checked on in the Profiler, and either select on Mon Cab off or on to alternate between FRFR and Imprints, but this will lead to the fizzy / harsh sounds.

When I do a comparison of the Kabinet in FRFR mode with the Main output to my KRK studio monitors, the sounds are absolutely not identical or even close (kabinet is much more treble / presence with same output EQs for both channels. If I use the imprints, the similar treble / presence is there (too high).

If I turn off the Kemper Kone in the Profiler and the Mon Cab off as well I have 100% identical sounds coming out of the Kabinet and from my studio monitors (which are sounding truly awesome btw, but I read everywhere that if I would like to have FRFR with the Kabinet that at all times the Kone needs to be selected (with Mon Cab on), but that is most definitely not FRFR (too much treble / presence).

I noticed this with all kinds of profiles, some more prominent than others and the same is true for using my guitars (most prominent on single coils though).

is it likely that the Kemper Kone in the Kabinet is actually faulty (although I get absolutely perfect sound when I deselect Kemper Kone and Mon Cab out) or would I simply need to adjust the output EQ from the Monitor Output totally differently than the Main Output EQ and try to match them when I use FRFR mode?

Thanks for your help!
    Roger