Posts by pmaksa

Using the effects loop adds a huge amount of latency - more than 7ms on top of the basic latency of the unit (plus the latency of digital pedals in the chain).

Hmm, I wasn’t aware of that good to know! Actually I am not using the effects loop actively so I did not have the chance to notice. Thanks for the info!

I have an old Kemper Head. I have not had a chance to try QC or Fractal or Helix hardware, so I cannot tell about the difference. I read everywhere about the "Kemper sound". I have not heard it in my unit so far, maybe it is because I did not try any of the above side by side.

What I have started though is to use the Kemper via digit i/o and use my Focusrite Clarett+ IOs for guitar in and monitor out. This is in my bedroom studio only. I find it much better, and it actually sounds stellar to me. Few comparisons I tried since I have been using it like that are some plugins. Free ToneX player with factory captures, Helix AU plugin, Logic Pro X amp emulations. My verdict on sound quality: 1. Kemper, 2. ToneX, 3. Logic 4. Helix. None other than the Kemper has the harmonics as an amp has. If you play anything on the Kemper on higher notes, you hear as if the strings you play on were thicker physically. It's thick and harmonic rich.

I would be quite curious to compare the Kemper with better external preamps and converter to QC and some newer Fractal units (Axe-FX III or FM3). This would tell a lot about the real tone properties of the algorithms themselves.

And welcome to the forums!

Thank you! 😊

Actually I was not using a daw. It is just the Focusrite with direct monitoring, so the problem wasn’t the buffer size. It could be a sound card bug as well.

The funny thing is that right after I started this thread, I restarted the Kemper. It works since that, and this time the problem does not come back. Maybe the cure is just to write on the forum :)

Thanks for the hints!

Hello,

I have problem and am trying to see if others have similar issues, maybe possible fixes for it.

I experience clicks in the S/PDIF signal, but there are a few strange things around it which makes it interesting. Here are the facts:

• I am using my Kemper Head unit with S/PDIF in and out via a Focusrite Clarett+ 4pre. I am only using the digital i/o, no analog at all. (I prefer clarett+ preamp sound, and convenience with reamping)
    • It is an older unit, so it acts as the master clock.
    • I have been using it for a few weeks now without any problems. I am using 75ohm coaxial cables for both in and out. Both cables are about 2-2.5 meters long.
    • Problem started to arise recently (few days ago maybe).
    • I cannot recall if it is related to any profiler update or not. I usually keep the latest non-beta version, which as at the moment: 10.2.2.49572
    • Clicks started to spice the my sound at degree that it is unusable anymore.
    • The most interesting part: The clicks are only there at 48kHz or 96kHz of S/PDIF clock frequency. They are completely gone at 44.1kHz or 88.2kHz

Does anyone have any idea?