Posts by BainesMan

Incredible, in 1 update we get usb audio, Android support (which was always said couldn't be done), and liquid profiles to dramatically reduce the amount of profiles we need.

It's basically Kemper 2.0 but we've been given it for free.

Thanks Kemper team<3

That all makes sense. It wasn't specific to the Kemper, but it's great that there are settings like amp compression and clarity that sound like they will get what I want.

I never owned a compressor before as I thought they were mainly for clean sounds, and rarely use those, so going to research and try out compressor settings over the weekend.

Before the Kemper I'd have to go out and buy a compressor, and have 17 tabs open with "best compressor on a budget" google searches - tonight I can just load rig manager and demo them after a few clicks!

Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate the advice.

I've always used too much gain, probably due to my sloppy playing. Are there any tricks to help sustain and keep a thicker sound when taking the gain down a tad?

I'm practicing more and it's already helping. I play in a 80s/90s rock cover band, usual suspects - Bon Jovi, GnR, Aerosmith etc

I like the small form factor of your Dunlop expression pedal, never been a wah user but would like to use volume and especially morph. Haven't paid much attention to expression pedals to be honest so I'm not up to speed on what's available, do these work well for the above mentioned purposes?

I hadn't used the smaller ones before, but they work very well. I also have a full-size mission exp pedal for my toaster which is awesome

Good points there, I'm going to have a think. I am gigging again in July, have a feeling it's going to be the stage + 1 exp in a case, and mini board with other pedals.

Thanks for the replies

Hi everyone

I have a powered toasted and picked up a stage for smaller gigs. I decided to go all in with kemper one night after rehearsal and sold my amp as it really is an incredible bit of kit.

Just wondering if it would be better (and safer, I want my kempers to last as long as possible) to make a mini pedal board to sit next to the stage, or get an all in one solution with the stage on a board. Trying to get my head around the cons of a massive pedal board, plus the weight aspect.

I only have 2 mini Dunlop expression pedals and 1 mxr talkbox.

What would the best thing be in my situation?

Thanks

David