Posts by Maginethat

In the second picture I see, you are sending a CC#24 value 0 immediately followed by a bank select LSB + program change. Loading the new Slot will also load the effect modules included and therefor overwrite the module MOD off immediately. This order of commands is meanigless except if module MOD is locked.

how do I activate and deactivate the “mod” with out using CC?

wow sorry you’re having the same issue. But also glad I don’t sound as crazy now.

Are you by chance using the mod slot on the kemper for anything? I’ve noticed this causing the issue on my end.

The volume pedal setting stays wide open. But no sound comes out. Touch the rig volume knob even a little and the sound returns.

But have also had the “clean” sound issue when it should be a lead patch per say. Almost sounds like a di guitar.

I am looking to resolve this as quick as possible. Hopefully we can find a solution

Turning the knob to tuner and back has no effect

Looking a bit closer here yesteday. It seems like this is happening when " Mod" is automated on and off from play back ( mostly on )

The output level like glitches out to 0.. but If I just touch the rig volume knob it resets to where it should be..

In system settings when this happens. it shows volume pedal at 127 the whole time..

Any ideas?

It is the nature of MIDI program changes to load programs, complete sounds, in our case Slots of Performances. MIDI control changes are dedicated to continuous parameters or on/off states of effects. So it's not either or. If you intend to load complete programs plus activating/deactivating effects within those programs you normally have to use both.

Our method to preload Performances and load Slots via control changes #47-54 is a special add-on. It has been invented to enable universal MIDI footcontrollers with memory limitations (e.g. Behringer FCB 1010 with just 100 presets and Uno4Kemper) to address the complete Performance range from Performance 1 Slot 1 to Performance 125 Slot 5. This method adds some complexity as CC#50-54 could load a Rig or trigger Morphing depending on the current state AND each simulated button push needs to send a value between 1-127 while each button release needs to send value 0 to make it work correctly. We have no reports, that these mechanisms don't work correctly e.g. by the Uno4Kemper users.

Thank you. I believe I am sending the CC value and the 0 close value correctly.

Like I have said this is intermittently. I ran some tests yesterday. And out of 20 times of running the same change sequence from playback 2 times it had the issue I mentioned.. It changes ( atleast visually ) the performance, Selects the correct slot and activates the correct MOD pedal.. But No sound comes out.. I need to check on the Global Volume pedal info that someone mentioned.. but the fact that it happens intermittently is the hard part for me to figure out..

Most times it works.. some it doesnt.. and its usually in this patch im talking about which is the top of the show.. then in one other song.

Thanks for this, this one I am aware of and have the CC changes happen after PC always. Thanks for the heads up thought!

Even in performance mode, you really only need PC meesages to change rigs. It is very understandable laid out. Performance 1 slot 1 is midipc 1. Performance 1 slot 2 is midipc 2and so on. Performance 2 slot 1 is midi pc 6 etc etc etc…

I’ve never used anything else but pc for switching between performances and rigs.

This doesnt allow you to activate and deactivate pedals or automate anything other than Perforramcne and rig changes

That might be the error. You mix up PC and CC. Either you use two CC signals or one PC signal (see manual page 342). E.g. for the third bank in your 5th performance:

CC#47 value: 4 (5-1, since we start counting from 0)
    and then
    CC#52

Or wirth PC commands (page 343):

PC#12 ( (#Performance * 5) - 5 + (#Slot - 1) := ((3*5)-5 + (3-1))

Both together does not work!

Not fully sure I follow this . But believe I am using CC only.. Using the Max4live Kemper changer for Ableton

Method 1 would require a different performance for each yes? Aka With bank and program changes you cant select rig with in a perforamcen or turn on and off a pedal.. Correct?

You need to use CC changes to do this

So we have the Performance as "song 1" With in that there are Rigs being used for Verse / chorus / Clean Dirty ETC.

Then in sections pedals / mods get turned on and off ETC.

All of this requires CC as far as I know.

Can you please explain, how exactly you change the patch (maybe with an numerical example)? Do you use the two CC commands or the PC command? I use the PC command and never had such problems. Maybe you also could try this. Do you maybe have some other MIDI signals (for other devices e.g.?)

Ableton Sends a Bank / program change to change the Kemper for performance slot changes. Then within that every CC changes some other type of change

As another user said, try using an app for seeing what midi data is really being sent. Perhaps you have an expression pedal/thingy where the midi thinning of data has gone broken, and it’s sending a continous barrage of midi cc data. In that case most devices that recieve that information will have their buffers overflowing.

I need to double check still. We had a couple days off and I was away from the rig.. But yea.. my thinking is that sometimes its getting two many changes at once.. etc.. or interference from somewhere.. The odd part is its not consistent..

Top of our show, playback sends the Kemper to a "Mute" performance / a rig with no output level so that we dont have any un needed sound at the top of the show..

Verse 1 of first song it opens up into a normal guitar sound.. The Kemper always changes patches.. but it doesnt always output volume.. even though it changes and shows that it changed... The green lights on the output level go up when theyre supposed to.. but doesnt actually output sound..

Show file on playback and Kemper never changes.. yet this happens intermittently

So Using a Max for Live device in Ableton send bank / program changes to change Performances, Then CC changes to also change rigs with in the performance slots, and activate and deactivate Reverbs / FX.

Its always changing to the right performance and slot when it should. But it almost doesn't complete the change.. The text / highlighted rig on the screen always change.. but it doesnt always change the audio.. if that makes sense.. So say one rig the Output level is NULL then the next the output level is at +5 or something.. It will show that it changes.. the lights on the Kemper change ETC.. but the actual sound output isnt always happening..

Performance mode.

Not a crazy amount.

When Playback starts the song.

The Kemper gets a change to the Preset and then the patch with in that.

Then maybe a patch change at the chorus, then back for the verse.

Very basic stuff.

I am using a Kemper Rack amp that receives all patch changes from playback VIA midi.

Having an issue where sometimes the patch changes on the screen but it doesn't actually change in the Kemper.. Like its getting to much information to quickly or something..

It will change from my mute patch to a song patch but doesnt re-activate the output. OR will show that it changes from a DIST patch to Clean but doesnt actually change.

Everything on the Kemper shows that it changes but the tone / output doesnt change.

Anyone experienced this or have any ideas?