Posts by IanBrown

I use two kemper kones neo in a Marshall 2x12 cab with a 400w dsp amp for monitoring or back line line so say, then enable the Kones in the output settings you can then mix front house mains / headphone in the output section separately. I also use input distortion sense if the guitar is hot maybe tweak that down a little ( lock the input ) . On the output- dial in the high and low cut, you can really make that cut through the mix with tight bottom end and less fizz on the higher frequencies there has been some really helpful threads on this subject. I usually have the amp at about 3/4 to full volume and turn down the output on the master to taste . It’s as loud as my dsl 100hr and every bit as punchy . The going to remember is the louder it gets the less gain you need . To saturate the signal for a really true screamer sound I use a clean gain and compressor before the input of the stage. It sounds amazing . Dialing in the tone I did at a studio with the kit on full tilt so I could emulate that full valve sound , it took a bit of time but the results are jaw dropping compared to my Marshall one trick pony ! Eradicating the hummm and digital feedback is an art less bass at volume really helps as that gathers momentum at high volume .
    When I a/b’d the Marshall with an orange 2x12 v30 and the kemper in the studio the kemper sounded better . I played my first gig with it a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome. I believe we have the loudest drummer in the southwest 🤣 one last thing I use a head rush for a stage monitor in front of me and that helps me hear really well what I’m playing . I don’t use in ears I believe I have the best of both worlds . Hope this helps a little 🎸😎