Posts by coreycoleman

Check Pure Cabinet. By default it's activated and set to 3.0 globally ... but it's not applied in Profiler Mode to avoid confusing the A/B comparison.

Thanks for that. That doesn't seem to be the issue, but it's a handy thing I hadn't learned about yet.

This feel more like a high pass filter set at 150 Hz and a treble booster is being applied to the profile in Profiler mode, which then goes away in Browser mode.

Here's what happened -

I profiled an amp using solid mic placement, signal routing etc as per the manual.

After profiling, and even after refining, the profile sounded basically like a different amp.

Almost no lows. The overdrive characteristics, high end, feel etc were all off the target. I mean like, not even 50% of the way there and I'm not being too picky. Like a Champ next to a Dumble.

After making a few more attempts I decided to store the profile and see if I could tweak it into submission

When I switched to Browser mode, to my surprise, the profile sounded amazing all of the sudden. Nearly perfect.

But I hadn't changed anything.

The volume of the profile in Profiler mode matched the reference amp and the rig in Browser mode, but it sounded nothing like the amp until I stored it.

Why did this happen? Am I a stupid man living a stupid life with no hope of ever making sense of anything?

Disclaimers:

I'm brand new to the KPA, so I may be missing something extremely fundamental and obvious.

I did a full system reset upon receiving this used a few days ago, so all the settings *should* be in their default states.

I didn't profile it selecting "No Cabinet" or anything like that.