Posts by europeendless

It’s really important that you tell the sound engineer that YOUR sound, means taking two XLRs and taking the signal from the back of the Kemper, and using as a stereo pair.
    That is your sound. That is what you have invested in. That is what sounds best.

I’m fortunate to work in high end touring. And up until a few years ago, I was a FOH or MONs engineer for some pretty big acts (I work in production more now). About eight years ago, guitarists started swapping to Kempers. It weirded us out. But it sounded great.

These days, most don’t use a mic’d up guitar cab. You might see one on stage. But off stage, with the tech, will be a Kemper or two. And all engineers default channel lists these days, are a stereo pair for Kemper (and still quite often a separate DI channel for an acoustic).

Top end touring is loving it. And these are tours that could easily deal with off stage mic’d up guitar cabs to control noise levels on stage.

Truth is, on smaller tours. Taking the stereo pair is even more beneficial. And is what is right , for YOUR sound.