Posts by ardatakan

thanks for the reply, i changed the title. I know I am a total rookie :P. of course i red your manual before ask to forum. It was great but there were some issues for me while I am trying to apply the instructions with my own gear. But you're right. I guess I should have been more specific.

I know, i can only reamp mono and already was planning to reamp in mono. So, it is not a problem.

My problem is MOTU M4 has 1/4 TRS line out and it is BALANCED. But SSL2+'s RCA outputs are UNBALANCED.

SSL2+ rca outputs have less then 1 ohm impedance but MOTU M4 line out has 100 ohm impedance. I mean it is a huge difference and I have no idea what is the effect of impedance in the setup. MOTU line out's max level out is +16db. SSL2 rca out's max level out is just +6.5 db. I think the level difference should be related with being unbalanced or balanced.

So my question is, Is it okey to sending signal from UNBALANCED rca output to Kemper return ? If it is okey, should I use a TRS to DUAL RCA Kemper and use both output 3&4 or TRS to SINGLE RCA and only output 3 ?

As I know return input must be TRS because that's what Kemper user manual says. But rca outputs are unbalanced so the signal will be unbalanced. God, this unbalanced-balanced signal thing makes me confused ||

Hi Fellas! ,

I've just got a 'Kemper Stage' and I am a total newbie on reamping stuff. I've searched the forum but most of the people handle the reamping situation by using spdif. But i want to make it with regular ins and outs. Unfortunately, i couldn't find enough information that works for my gear.

I am using SSL 2+ and here is all ins and outs :

kemper-amps.com/wbb/attachment/17189/

As you can see outputs in section 2 are for monitoring. I guess i can't use these outputs. So I think the only chance is using rca outputs as line outs.

All rca outputs are unbalanced and here is their specifications:

So, am i able to reamp properly with this gear? I am planning to make it like this:

1) Kemper Stage main output Left (XLR) <-----------> SSL2+ input 1 (XLR). / With XLR-XLR cable

2) Kemper Stage send1 (TS) <----------> SSL2+ input 2(TS)./ With TS-TS cable

3) Kemper Stage return1 (TRS) <-----------> SSL2+ output 3&4(RCA). / With TRS-DUAL RCA cable

IS IT GOING TO WORK FOR ME? DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?