Posts by 360riley

The Kemper power head and foot switch capabilities are amazing. That being said, there are always some gripes.

My #2 gripe is you can't set the tuner to read 1/2 step down tuning (so when you pluck your "E" string tuned to D#, it reads E) (My 2007 1101 did this)

My #1 biggest gripe is the bank buttons. I just CANNOT get my head around the left button being "forward" and the right button being "back" through banks/performances it drives me nuts. Most countries read from left to right and for most people going left is "back" and going right is "forwards" I wish you could switch them so that left is back and right is forward. It just makes sense. I guess I'll have to label mine. I've never seen a controller I liked so much but this drives me nuts and makes no sense whatsoever in this regard.

Unless it's a software update since your post, I've not got any problems with the tuner displaying the correct note.

We're called Guttersnipe, we're UK based and play around the Shropshire/Midlands area. We mainly do the more older/original wave of punk - The Clash, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Sham 69 etc... but we throw The Kids... Basket Case by Green Day and Die For The Government by Anti Flag in from the slightly more recent times every now and again.

Do you play in a band?

It's not a bad tutorial. All it's missing is the solo, but it's got all the bases covered.

I play the Bb for the verse and chorus on the A and D strings (1st and 3rd frets) rather than up on the 6th and 8th of the E and A strings, and then I also play the Bb single note on the A string in the pre verse run too, but yeah, it's got all the stuff there to learn along with, so use it for sure.

I checked out the VHT rig you mentioned, but personally, it's not for me unfortunately. I don't know if it's the mic or its position on the cab in the profile. It's just a lot different to the sounds of The Offspring. Might work better with a different IR maybe, something with V30's maybe. Those VHT cabs on that profile normally came with Eminence speakers in, so they're voiced a little differently. They may sound great in the room though.

Yeah, nice to meet you virtually on here too.

Yeah, that last link, for Ultimate Guitar, is the gear I'm familiar with them using.

I play that song (Kids Aren't Alright) in my punk covers band, so I know it pretty well. Being a fan of the band, I worked hard to play it as close to the recorded version as possible.

I think the VHT amps (Founder Steve Fryette sold them to AXL Instruments and now builds Fryette Amps) came in a little later than those albums. That's interesting to know too, thanks for that dude [...goes off to find a decent VHT profile...]

Yeah, as 'whippinpost91850' said, I mute the E and D strings.

Yes, I mute the E with my index finger, but I also mute the D with it too.

I kind of hit the 5th, 4th and 3rd strings, but my pinky is muting the B and E as well, just to keep out any unwanted noises.

Don't lift up off the strings, just slide to the next note, it takes time to build your speed up, but it won't take forever.

Distortion->Green Scream->Boost (or crunch) then Drive - 0.0, Tone - 5.0, Volume - 0.0, Mix - 100%

If you also eq the amp with Gain - 5.0, Bass - 0.0, Mid - 0.0 Treble - +3.7, Prescence - +1.7, you'll get a really close "Smash" album sound.

It's a bit rushed, but hopefully this may help you with the playing of that particular passage too.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Disclaimer: I don't know if I'm playing it on the exact same strings and frets as Noodles is, but the notes are correct regardless.

Amp wise, I know they use (or at least recently they were both using) Axe FX live...

Mesa's seemed to be the order of the day pre axefx, and I'm pretty sure that they blended the Dual Rectifiers with Mark IV for the majority of their tones on earlier albums.

I've also read that Marshall DSL's and Vox AC30's were used more recently, atleast by Dexter Holland anyway.

Either a thick but slightly mid boosted Mesa tone of some sort will get you close.

I found the "Mesa Boogie Mark IV Ch3 Lead" by Ivan Sandoval and a classic overdrive (Green Screen) clean boost (gain - 0, tone - 5, volume - 0, mix - 100%) in front to help tighten the low end is pretty close to the Ixnay On The Hombre guitar tones.

Hey all.

If I backup from a Kemper on to a USB which has backed up a previous Kemper with different sounds on, will it wipe the existing backup on the USB, or create a separate folder with the different tones in?

Many thanks.