Posts by Justin1971

3) Do you let Windows auto-update (most everyone does)? Did RM stop working after an update? Most applications run on runtime libraries that Microsoft updates randomly.

Yes I do, and I believe that's what happened. An update caused the issue.

You could always undo an update - go to settings > Update & Security > Windows update > View update history > Uninstall update

Arrange in date order and remove the most recent ones

We use RCF Art 715-A MkII and some generic Fame subs - the subs aren't great but plenty loud enough - my KPA and vocals all go through the RCF tops and sound awesome. I used Mackie SRM450's + SRS1501 for a good few years but they would always get very hot during a show (especially in summer) - the RCF's run as cool as a cucumber lol

Desk is a Behringer X32 Compact and I love that - takes a bit of getting used to but got the gist now - the scene saving is a god send - soundcheck in 15 minutes :)

You could try IEM;s (In ear monitors) - I use them on stage as my other guitarist has very loud stage volume - I am constantly telling hi to turn down but it creeps up - sound engineer's nightmare but at least with the IEM's I can just have a little of his guitar and I can hear mine fine - I also have my main vocals (me) in my IEM's so I don't have to strain to hear myself. Best investment I ever made, Started cheap with XVive U4 but upgraded recently to a Sennheiser G4 system.

The 'solo' break is a two guitar harmony part that you could easily dial on the Kemper. The tone is pretty hot(switch to higher gain profile or medium distortion) with a longer delay. The delay is key and helps smooth out the sound and also helps to get the transition of the held notes into feedback. Of course, you also need enough volume and gain to get to the feedback point.

I've got the solo sound pretty good, it's just the clean intro settings but I'm getting closer thanks to all the comments.

Thanks for that - helps a lot - I will look into the TB and see what it can do for me.

I guess you're going to use it for cover the song live? Use whatever sounds good enough. No listener will care anyway. I mean he didn't have the same exact sound live as on the album either.

Correct and yeah I think your probably right but I like to get as close to the original as I can, otherwise I'd just grab a Marshall Tube amp and sell the Kemper lol. I have the Kemper Stage Floor so may as well use it to it's full potential.

I'm after a profile for the Bryan Adam's track "Run To You"

I've got something similar using compressor, Delay and Reverb but it's not quite there.

I realise I'll never get the exact sound as I have humbucker guitars and I think that was played on a SSS Strat.

OK, so I tried again last night using my Headrush FRFR speaker and wow! what a difference that makes. Will probably sell my Boss Katana now as it's surplus to requirements lol.

So I've been playing through the Kemper using an Epiphone Les Paul and Schecter Reaper Sustainiac directly into the "amp in" on my Boss Katana MKII 100W using the jack output from the Kemper.

The sound is not fantastic, am I using the wrong setup - I assume I'd be better off using the 2 XLR outs straight into the mixing desk (Behringer X32)

Would that sound better - just throwing this out there before I hook it all up.

Welcome! 1. RTM, 2. Download Rig Manager, 3. Set aside a couple hours minimum (more like 3-4 when you start sampling rigs on Rig Manager).

Cheers everyone for the kind welcome - done a bit of step1 - and already downloaded rig manager - watched a load of tutorials on that too - last night was my first time for some "me" time with the Kemper - impressed so far ^^

Hi all,

I'm 51 from UK and been playing guitar (and singing) in cover bands in pubs and clubs for over 30 years - wow that long already :wacko:

I've had many different rigs over the years including Digitech GSP2101, 1101, Analogue Pedal Boards, Helix - the list goes on.

More recently I used the Mooer GE300 and while the sounds are "ok" I see lots of people having issues with the reliability of the unit so as a gigging musician I need something more reliable.

So last week I did a "thing" and purchased a B-Stock Kemper Profiler Stage - I haven't tried it yet but looks pretty substantial and looking at various reviews it seems very good (for the price I'd hope so lol) - you wouldn't know it's a B Stock - I can't see anything wrong on close inspection but at over £300 cheaper than a "new" one I'd thought I'd risk it - glad I did.

So I'm sure there will be lots of questions when I start using this and building "rigs & profiles" - see the terminology has me pondering already. I got my head around Digitech Algorithms (eventually) and Helix Snapshots, so I guess I'll figure it out eventually - my day job is IT support so am very computer literate and love to try new "tech" so looking forward to this challenge.

Anyway, sorry for rabbiting on - I'm gigging the next 3 weekends and not much time during the week but I will start playing - I'll be using the GE300 until we get a break in the band when I can spend a full weekend or 2 getting it set up to my taste - unless I can use it as a plug'n'play unit out of the box - I need 2 clean channels and 2 distorted (rhythm and lead) to start off.

Thanks all :)