Posts by aspiemattie

I love Iron Maiden, but man, I hate that Bruce (and most older singers,) don’t hold their notes out longer.

Instead of the original “If I saiiiiiid, I’d take you theeeeerrre, would you go, would you be scaaaaared?”, he sings,

“If I said……..I’d takeyouthere……..wouldyougo……wouldyoube scared?”

:(

He still has the power though!

Hello all,

I have a question.

I switched from using a pair of AltoTS110 monitors to a single 2x10 guitar cab, because to me, it sounds more “real” if that makes any sense.

But now that I’m running a single guitar cab, I’m not sure how to set up my output and program the effects to get the sound I’m looking for.

Here’s the tone I’m after, Ty Tabor’s lead sound at 1:33–

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is it possible to get that “thick” of a sound with just a single guitar cab?

Using 2 cabinets (or monitors,) in stereo, Ty’s signal chain was as follows:

Guitar>Flanger>L5 amp head>Midiverb 2 Chorus setting 62 (low rate and speed,)>512ms panned hard left, 64ms panned hard right>4x12 cab/4x12cab

Do I simply choose “Master Left Mono” output to Main, and then choose “Dual Delay 512ms panned left/64ms panned right” ?

What about the Flanger setting— He just ran the Manual at 1, and all other settings to 0.

Can the Flanger, Chorus and Dual Delay all run in mono?

I’d appreciate any advice, thanks!!

I recently saw someone in a thread talking about having that particular amp - I believe.

I THINK it may have been the one with people's wish lists for liquid profile tone stacks, one of the recent posts (within a day or two)

Yes, there was a poster on the Liquid Profiling thread who said he has an L5 and L7.

Hmmm… I guess I could ask them if they could profile their amp for me?

It’s worth a shot!

I’d be willing to pay someone to make a Gibson Lab Series L5 profile for me.

I’ve only been able to find Michael Britt’s and TJ’s profiles online.

However, they aren’t what I’m looking for.

I’m looking to get a profile done with Ty Tabor from m King’s X exact settings.

Michael Britt said on his website that he profiled Ty’s settings, but they aren’t even CLOSE to what his amp’s settings were on the first 3 albums. (I know, because I’ve owned an L5 twice, and I know exactly what settings Ty DID use.)

Anyhow, I’d be willing to pay for someone to do a special profile for me.

If you know someone who could do this, please let me know!

Can someone please point me to an existing thread or a youtube vid on how to create a preset from scratch?

So far, I understand you go to “Performance Mode” and load a Rig.

I get that.

But I need specifics on what buttons to press in order to change the amp, cab, disable current fx in the rig, replace with new ones, etc.

I’m coming from a Helix, where I never even had to read the manual because the user interface was SO intuitive.

Literally, turn one big knob, then it down to select FX, amps, cabs, etc.

Yes, I HAVE been reading the manual for the last several hours.

I DO understand each button individually— Mod, Rev,Delay, each one has subtypes under it.

I’d just prefer to see someone make a preset from scratch live, because that’s how I learn best.

Anyhow, I’d appreciate any help someone wishes to give.

Sincere thanks to anyone who can offer help instead of “just google it,” “it’s self explanatory,” “Read the F-in Manual,” etc.

I’m autistic, and many things are difficult for me.

Thank You

:)

I’ve searched YouTube AND looked over the online manual, and I can’t believe I can’t find a simple example ANYWHERE on how to program a preset from scratch.

It’s SO frustrating!

The learning curve sucks.

I’ve been watching YouTube vids and reading for HOURS, and no one lays out simply how to:

Pick an amp by pressing “X”

Pick a cab by pressing “X”

Put “X” in slot A B C D

Put “X” in Reverb, Delay, Modulation

Maybe such a video exists, but I can’t find it.

:(

Hello,

I am a new Kemper Stage user, coming from a Helix.

I am trying to duplicate a setting I had to recreate Ty Tabor’s sound from King’s X.

The signal flow I used to use was as follows:

guitar>helix>flanger (placed BEFORE preamp) preamp > chorus > 40ms delay> 375ms delay > summed mono to guitar cabinet.

how can I do this in Kemper?

thank you for any help!

Hello,

I recently bought what I thought was a new Kemper Stage.

however, it ONLY came with a Quick Start guide, and no user manual.

Did I get a used one instead of a new one?

:/

I cannot figure out how to disable global cabs.

how do I do so?

Is the Kemper Manual only an online download?

thank you for any help!

The Yamaha UD Stomp that Allan Holdsworth helped develop has 8 delays which can be run simultaneously in series or parallel.

This would be incredible, because NO OTHER piece of gear can do it.

There really is no other way to get Holdsworth’s tones without this. (I know; I owned 3 UD stomps and 4 MagicStomps, along with dozens of delay pedals and modelers over the years!)

I hope Christoph considers it!

Please upvote this guys if it sounds like a good idea!

-Matt

Hello, I’m a brand new Kemper Stage owner.

The AxeFX can do faux cello and violin sounds. I believe to do so requires using the effects of envelope filters and slo-gear (?)

Below I will link a video. Can the Kemper do this?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for any input!

-Matt

Hello,

I’m a brand new Kemper Stage owner.

The AxeFX can do faux cello and violin sounds. I believe to do so requires using the effects of filters and slo-gear (?)

Below I will link a video. Can the Kemper do this?

Thanks for any input!

-Matt