Posts by VAVL82

if you want to use the USB Audio reamping feature you need to assign the Profiler as the input and output device in Logic. In your current configuration the DI signal is sent to your Scarlett audio interface.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I should have thought of it shouldn't I? Embarrassing :) Thank you!

Hey Guys,

So I have recorded a guitar into Logic, 2 tracks: 1 x with effects and 1 x DI. I'm trying to reamp the DI track but it's not working. I did follow Kemper's Youtube Step by Step Reamping video, but it didnt help :(

I am attaching some screenshots for you to see. What am I doing wrong here? Please can you help and advise? Thanks a lot in advance!

Had my Kabinet for just over a month now. It was rightly reported here a few time before that the Kabinet is noisy. I have checked all possible rigs/profiles, changed guitars and cables etc., however when I play almost every time there is this buzzling noise that goes with my playing. The noise is digital, I'm pretty sure its a fault of a Kabinet. Likely no noise when recording into DAW, but speaker - i'm not sure... Might have to send it back.

My honest opinion about my new Power Kabinet? It does the trick.

Would I take it to gigs? Probably not, but in terms of speaker in the room it does exactly what it says on a tin.

There is a bit of a hum coming out of it and its more like a digital hum whether you are on a heavy or clean rig, same thing, but it doesn't bother me. There is no hum when you record into your DAW and thats what matters the most I guess.

Overall I'd say it is a decent speaker, slightly overpriced, but I don't regret having one. Worth saying though that I only intend to use it within my home studio, whether I am practicing or composing/recording something.

Frankly speaking I can't see it's being used for any thing else really..

Right, received my Power Kabinet today. Connected it with instrument cable (mono) into Kemper Monitor out. Activated Kemper Kone in the menu, however, I am not getting a full sound out. I get something out of the speaker, with volume all the way up, but very poor a limited / distorted sound - what am I doing wrong?

I have changed the instrument cable twice now, no difference, sam poor sound you can barely hear.

Please help.

Hey there,

I've recorded a few lines in one song, in Logic project. I then had to jump onto another project momentarily and record a solo in in another project. When I came back to the 1st project I was working on, I couldn't remember what preset I have used before and now I am struggling to find it, so that I can complete the record with the same tone :) Anyone ever had a similar confusion? Is there a way of finding out what preset I used?

OK, I’ve red so much about FR or not FR now, it’s refreshing and confusing at the same time :) Would you mind sharing the FR brands you’ve decided to go for?

Looking around, it appears that there is quite a difference in price for FRFR speakers, maybe because there isn’t that many of them in a market?

Kemper Kabinet is only available from Kemper Germany, bringing it from DE to UK, I’m bound to pay 20% VAT and potentially import duty tax on the top of £480.00 what is quite expensive toy already (let alone to buy a pair of them :))

Other brands I’ve looked at Line 6 for instance, can get up to £1000 for what is essentially flat rate speaker, seems quite steep? Headrush FR looks just like a floor monitor, but people seems to have decent option of it, well more positive than negative. I’m looking at Laney LFR as at list it’s got that cabinet presence and a DI output which can be useful, but then again, it’s priced at £429, which isn’t exactly cheap, anyone used Laney? Any good?

I need a speaker in the room just to practice really and give it a good/loud riff sometimes, I dont want to rape my studio monitors with heavy guitar riffs.

Please share the brands you’ve chosen for FRFR, very keen to hear your feedback.

Thanks in advance!

So what have we learned from this exercise? Probably nothing. Some people like FR and some like speaker cabs. The FR crowd can't even agree on one particular FR solution that sounds best. The speaker cab guys split between the Kemper Kab and traditional guitar cabs. The traditional cab guys are all over the map as to which speaker sounds best. The Kone guys split between the Kemper Kab and putting Kones in a regular guitar cab.

Just like pickups, strings, guitars, tubes, picks... even Kemper profiles. This is something you just have to sort out for yourself. Try your Kemper in as many different scenarios as you can until you find something you like or find the tone you are looking for. If you purchase something without having heard it try to buy from a retailer that allows returns if it does not suit you. There is no one size fits all in the "off the rack" world we live in.

I chose FR and chose the particular FR unit I purchased (two of them, actually) based largely on the glowing endorsement of a well respected member of the Kemper forum. He has since moved on to another FR unit and then to the Kemper Kab, if I recall correctly. Luckily, he was spot on about the first option. So, there you go.

So what have we learned from this exercise? Probably nothing. Some people like FR and some like speaker cabs. The FR crowd can't even agree on one particular FR solution that sounds best. The speaker cab guys split between the Kemper Kab and traditional guitar cabs. The traditional cab guys are all over the map as to which speaker sounds best. The Kone guys split between the Kemper Kab and putting Kones in a regular guitar cab.

Just like pickups, strings, guitars, tubes, picks... even Kemper profiles. This is something you just have to sort out for yourself. Try your Kemper in as many different scenarios as you can until you find something you like or find the tone you are looking for. If you purchase something without having heard it try to buy from a retailer that allows returns if it does not suit you. There is no one size fits all in the "off the rack" world we live in.

I chose FR and chose the particular FR unit I purchased (two of them, actually) based largely on the glowing endorsement of a well respected member of the Kemper forum. He has since moved on to another FR unit and then to the Kemper Kab, if I recall correctly. Luckily, he was spot on about the first option. So, there you go.

Hiya,

Sorry if this is a silly question. Is there a way to record Kemper into DAW (I use Logic) using USB connection but also have the sound out of the studio monitors? I tried setting Kemper as input source and my audio interface (Scarlett) as output source, but still no sound through monitors.

I can record into DAW but only monitoring via headphones in front of the Kemper, would rather prefer studio monitors to headphones. Is there a way to record into DAW via USB cable and have the sound coming our of the monitors?