Posts by Rivsrul

Hello my fellow Kemper friends i thought pass along my impressions of my Kemper stage unit. First the not so good … it has taken me an awfully longtime to figure out how to use the unit as well leveling the rigs properly because I have been playing over 30 years and apparently I am too old or too dumb to figure it all out in an efficient manner however I feel I have gotten over the Kemper wall. Now the good I have done 6 shows and each time I learn more and more and take notes after each to improve on effects and settings etc which has gotten better and better.. even the sound man was complimentary which never happens. I have had three guitar players in the crowd which I do not personally know compliment me on the tone coming out of front of house so I know I’m on the right track. I still have a long way to go but at least I am seeing the light at the end of tunnel.

Thanks for the input I completely agree with all the comments and i have been able to make mental notes in regards the level in slots and agree with you guys there is so many amps/tones maybe I went a bit overboard with amount of slots used I guess I will keep grinding away. Thanks for the input

Hello I have done three shows with the keeper stage unit and I have learned a lot about the unit and how to get the best out of it however I continue to struggle with leveling the different slots in a live situation. I have reached out to keeper directly and they have given me some direction which I have followed however I have spent way too much time attempting to level the unit on my own. I know you are to perform the leveling at gig volume which I have attempted to recreate at my house with own PA however it is not translating to the venue which is incredibly frustrating. At this point I am happy to pay someone to fix this issue. Anyone?? :cursing:

This thread cracks me up the whole idea of a Kemper profiler is too get a multitude of killer tones in a easy to use unit which sounds awesome sounds like this guy has spent a lot brain sweat to achieve who cares if he doesn’t post pics of himself in the studio which cares? if it sounds good to you go for it or better come up with your own tone. don’t over think it . I swear guitar players….,,,,,

I’m kinda in the same boat in regards to the 100s of profiles on the unit however after playing thru them I have been able to find 5-6 clean tones and 5-6 dirty tones that I like and I going with that. I have stored them in the banks and I’m now I’m in the process of getting the effects the way I want them. Trial and error and research but this unit has so many possibilities tone wise I have really had to adjust my approach to getting tones that sound good to me which has been a learning curve but I’m the end I will believe it will be worth it.

So I have been playing for over 30 years and dived into the profiler world about 6 weeks ago and purchased a quad cortex not really understanding what I was getting myself into.. I dialed in some decent tones and went and did 2 shows with the unit and and everyone including my lead singer commented on how good the unit sounded however the designers that engineered it must not have played live because the foot switches were way to close together and I found myself playing footsie almost all night trying into the the right sound I needed for the song. So I was still in my return window at sweet water so I exchanged it for the Kemper stage. My first impressions are that the lay out of the Kemper stage is much easier to navigate. The profiles are far more abundant with the Kemper as well as the support however I do the QC will get there but it has a way to go. I do agree the user interface is a little more robust with the QC however the Kemper does have its own sound which I find intriguing. The proof will be in the pudding when I do my next set of gigs in 2 weeks I will update with my impressions thanks

So I have been successful in getting some amazing tones out of the Kemper stage unit but still have some questions. First question I know it affects the tone on where you place your effects pre or post is it more advisable to put the modulation effects on the right side or in front of the amp? Second question I have been using the iPad to make all adjustments on the unit which is quite helpful however when I try to rename the rig it renames the entire set of 5 instead of the individual bank? How do I fix this and thirdly how do you level off the rigs volume wise so that the dirty rigs is not over powering the clean rig thanks