Posts by Gentekos

YMMV with these switches. some of the most cheap ones are all over place with build quality and dimensional tolerance deviations. but having the inline switch has been really nice and reassuring for sure. i went through this when i first got the unit...

RE: P-Player - No Power Button - No Problem

Thanks man! Just ordered one. My guess is the ones not getting why one want a switch already have a rack/head in their studio. Many new buyers now getting into the Kemper world for the first time probably want to have their Player connected in their home studios for a period of time. Just as they power on and off their pc's, keyboards, rack tuners and external preamp etc, they would want to have the ability to do the same for their Players. Thanks again for the link, it's an elegant and cheap solution. 🙂

Is it always the same (L or R) that is lower, or does that change? And is it lower no matter if two XLR are connected or just one? I suspect this could explain why my Stage is lower in volume on main output than my Player with the same settings.

I have recently got both the Stage and Player, and experience a slight difference in output volume between them. Having the same rig with the same effect chain, the same output settings, it seems the Player output is noticable louder than the Stage. Not a big deal, but have anyone else experienced this?

Ps: What output settings do you normally set for the Player and Stage?

I'm a very fresh Kemper user, so this might be me doing something wrong.

I'm trying to save cabs as presets in the preset folder, but there seems to be a bug with the naming. The first time I start up my Stage and Rig manager, everything works ok. I doubleclick to select a rig, drag or copy the cab to the preset folder, and it saves ok. But if I then doubleclick and select another Rig and try the same, the new cab gets the same name as the previous one no matter how many times I select a new rig. Have I missed something very obvious, or is it a bug? :)

Just add cab sim in your sounds and then choose "Cab sim off" (or something like that) for the "Monitor" in the system/output.

"Monitor out" is the L/R that you can plug to your power amp or whatever you are using.

"Main out" is the XLR and it will get the chosen cab-sim sound

Is it possible to chose something like this, perhaps a clean di signal, through the headphone output?

I suspect it's a ground loop on the Helix side. It's a known problem with the Helix getting ground loops using the usb in some scenarios. I myself have a Helix LT, and when connecting to both usb and a poweramp, I had similar problems. I ended up buying the iFi iDefender+, which solved all my problems. A little expensive, but for me it worked. Just a tips, could be something else entirely. 🙂

I'm new to the Kemper world, but I'm very tempted to buy the Kemper Profiler Player. I have seen that it says "independent monitor output" and Direct Out possible. I have read the manual, but found it a bit vague regarding the possible routing options.

My question is, would it be possible to route this to have:

1 - XLR out to FOH

2 - Output L to a poweramp -> 4x12 cab with the Cab sim switched off

3 - Output R (or any other output) to a clean DI-signal at the same time?

I rather not use the USB for DI, as my whole studio is centered around my RME soundcard solution on Win 10. :)