Posts by bshady

Agreed - my thought is to get 1 or 2 speakers, put it in a 4x12 ( for cosmetic looks only )

Wish I could find the Kemper Speakers either used or online with a sale or something, not exactly the cheapest speakers and can't seem to find them anywhere other than ordering them direct through Kemper.

I completely agree! In my experience there is basically zero secondary market for the Kones, even the PowerKabs are hard to find. However… considering that I just paid just shy of $500 after tax & shipping for the pair of Celestion G12H30(55Hz) speakers I X-ed in my 1960BC with the stock 25W Greenbacks — they're not by any means a terrible value. Granted, they are "Legacy" products and of a higher-end model line, but you could load an entire 4x12" for not much more with all the benefits that FRFR gives you and have the genuine look & feel of a traditional 4x12" cab. Love my Mission GM-Io FRFR 1x12, and it emulates the sound of larger cabs very well but, to my senses (here I distinctly do not single out hearing), there is still a different feel being adjacent to a traditional 4x12".

I currently only play at home, but, bankruptcy notwithstanding, I will always own at least one 4x12" cab and one 100W Tube head because it still has its own unique character and charm and is fun and rewarding to play — if for no other reason than all those greats we wish to emulate who did it that way before us. 8)

For sale is my EXCELLENT condition Marshall 1960A/V Lead + Vintage 4x12" Cab.

The Slant Cab is a 1960A/V hybrid — that is, a 1960A Angled Lead Cab with a pair of G12T-75s on top and a pair of G12V30 Vintage 30s in the lower slots (not to be confused with the 1960AV which has all 4 V30s). Sounds fantastic, they complement very well and are kind of the 'best of both worlds.' Has switchable input selector for 4-/16-ohm Mono, or 8-ohm Stereo operation. Has factory skid trays & 2" castors.

It was purchased by original owner (I am 2nd) new as part of a backup rig for his band. It was in climate-controlled, smoke- and pet-free, covered storage until recently. The speakers were broken in according to Marshall specs prior to initial storage.

$700 Takes It!

**This listing is for ONE 4x12" cabinet**

Available for open inspection & demo prior to sale, of course. Serious inquiries only, please…

Check out my other listings:
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/profile/61551390207927/

Greetings, hope all who are reading these words are well! I recently (6 days ago) become a proud owner of a secondhand Kemper Profiler Head [NP] in Black. I was, and remain, ecstatic — as I had seen and heard so much about them since their introduction. With the idea that if it could deliver on even 1/2 its promises it'd be worth trying, I must say that , if anything, my impression is that all the hype had undersold it. Luckily, mine came with about 700 paid profiles, with some really excellent choices, but there are plenty of free options to find any sound you can imagine.

I found a Mission Engineering GM-Io (that's 'eye-oh', like the moon of Jupiter) 450-Watt 1x12" w/1" coax Powered FRFR cab to pair with it 2 days ago (lol) and am blown away by the results! Without the 'rib-rattling-presence' of a pair of 4x12" cabs cranked to SPL-unlimited, it's a 29lb cab as loud as one of my 100w heads through a 4x12"! Just wish I could find ANY documentation on it; particularly the usage & protocol for the RJ-45 port!

Anyway, thank you very much for allowing me to participate in this community around a product line we all love! I'll do my best, always, to be amiable, forthright, and informative — thank you for the privilege!

—Will

I just bought a GM-Io a few day ago, secondhand. Great FRFR Powered cab, IMHO. Matched with my Kemper Profiler it reproduces the sonic character of a wide range of speakers and amps. While it is certainly loud enough for live practice or club use, it does lack the 'rattle your ribs' SPL feel of a 4x12" cranked at similar volume. Having said that, you won't really notice until you get to the limits of home hearing comfort or past. I have a decent selection of gear and cab + speaker combinations to feel like I can speak somewhat informedly on this. Other opinions welcome!

I would LOVE to find any documentation about it — in particular the RJ45 port usage and protocol!!