Posts by Jandalf

How exactly would you define the difference between a full-range and a broadband speaker?

Of course a single speaker system necessarily has a limited range compared to a 2- or 3- way system (that's why i put the "full range" in quotes) or at least needs appropriate EQing ( e.g. Bose 802) to achieve a proper frequency response.

Anyway, the Kone will most likely not roll off at 5kHz, like most guitar speakers and is hence not suitable for standard amps if you do not apply any filtering.

Unfortunately, the information that can be found on the corresponding product page has apparantly been collected from the marketing department and not from engineering, so there is no datasheet, containing a frequency response diagramm of the speaker.

I'm afraid it's quite unlikey that anyone has ever tried this, but i thought i might ask, just in case.

So has anyone ever hooked up a cabinet with Kemper Kone Speakers to a standard guitar amp (without cab emulation) and used a low pass filter (LC) between amp and cabinet, to limit the range of the Kone speakers to the range of a standard guitar speaker?

Why would i want to do this?

Well, i'm thinking about getting 4 Kone speakers to replace the stock speakers in my 4x12 cab, so i could use it as a FRFR cab for my Profiler.
    However i still have an analog Preamp / Poweramp that i would use once in a while, but i couldn't use it along with my 4x12 cab, once it is equipped with the Kemper Kones and i don't have the space for a second 4x12 cab with standard guitar speakers. The idea is, to add a switchable 2nd order low pass filter to the cabinet, so i could use it with the Profiler (filter bypassed) and also use it with a standard guitar amp when the filter is enabled, rolling off at 4,5kHz or 5kHz, to avoid any unpleasant frequencies in overdrive settings.
    Of course this is technically possible, the question is however, will such a setup provide a decent sound? :/