Posts by G String

your order number is #3447423 - everything look okay. from what i can see, support gave you good hints on why both your paypal account and CC were denied by the banking authorities in question. we will send you a paypal payment request prior to shipment.
    gs

If you are ever in a supermarket with me don't get behind me in a line, I have a knack for picking the slow ones e.g. the behind the one person with the 50+ coupons or the folks who rummage through their purse of pockets for 5 minutes looking for the exact change only to come up short.

put it into another perspective: the line behind you is substantial.
    gs

My early bird email says third week in April. The option to pay at this point is to pay by bank transfer when I receive notice. Can I expedite the process and complete this in advance? Let me know the best way to go about it at this point.

there is no way to accelerate delivery.
    gs

How long does it take to go from the ready to ship email until it actually ships? Kemper has charged my credit card but it just still says ready to ship for last couple of days. I may be a little impatient but don't send me an email saying my unit is ready to ship and then not ship it. I prefer the type that says it has shipped and here is your tracking number. Oh well. Hopefully not too much longer.

check the status of your shipment by logging into your store account. you will see a tracking number there ... . i think you will also get an email with every status change but to be honest, i'm not 100% sure.
    to answer your question: "ready to ship" means that we have all the papers in place etc. but depending on the packing schedule, it can take another day or two until the live update starts to happen when you search for the tracking code on the carrier's site.
    gs

I have the same problem now that I've updated to 1.3.1. When creating or renaming folders the programm becomes unresponsive for up to one minute. This CANT be how RM works, as I had NO such problem with the previous version. Must be a bug, I hope kemperteam is already on it.

we are not aware of that. we cannot reproduce it ...
    gs

Security update 2015-002 messes up a lot of parameters on your Mac, according to a lot of online chatter going on right now.

What I had to do was reset the SMC by shutting down and unplugging for 20 seconds.
    I then zapped the PRAM and restarted in recovery mode. Did a full repair...nothing really wrong....

Then restarted mac and now all is working.

please take this advise with a pinch of salt.
    gs

Fast forward to now.... the pending charge has vanished, Kemper has no record of my early bird order and it takes weeks to get a response through email from them. I've never found it so difficult to buy something so expensive. I'm very disappointed and irritated by all of this. Did anyone else have this issue.

support will get in touch with you.
    gs

Is there a way to keep someone from walking up to your Kemper, putting in their USB flash drive and absconding with all of your profiles? Can the Kemper be password protected to avoid this? Maybe this is a question for Feature Requests
    thanks

do you know those? i didn't try this specific one but a lock might be a solution for you in general: Kensington USB lock
    gs

I opened a support ticket, and got the reply that somebody with the same name placed the same order, but with a different adress....well, duh, that guy has nothing to do with me or my order. We're 2 different guys! I have one of the most common names in Sweden, but still i worry now that my order will stay cancelled and that i fall out of the early bird program without me doing anything at all

so why did you approach us with the two order numbers then? how do you know both, assuming it would be two different guys?
    gs

I placed my order on 23/Jan (nr 003447163). At the time delivery was 7-8 weeks. Recent response I received from the support indicates that now I need to wait over 100 days. I do not understand if it is extra 100 days or it is just the only answer by the support guys.

i don't think it is unrealistic that it will take till May. we are producing as fast as we can. and we have a priority list to fulfill ("Early Birds") and you order is not on this list. it is not like we're pushing your order right at the end of the cue but it is not our top priority either. i know this must sounds frustrating and i'd like to ask you to not take it personal.
    best, gs

Seems I failed and struck a nerve. Sorry!
    I will ignore the thread and simply go back to making music.

all good, don't you worry. i'm not annoyed at all (what you say is totally right). i was just trying to explain the situation a little because some people here were struggling and i saw a number of addresses which we needed to correct because the address fields were swapped. so, in a way i hijacked your post a little. fact is that the fields appear in the "wrong" order on the order confirmation email.
    ultimately, we will grow on this. we are using a commercial shop, maybe there is a more flexible option which suits better.
    best, gs

I was able to checkout with paypal, but the webform address fields are all hosed up. I think it was causing the address to pass to my credit card and comeback invalid. I sent a ticket to support. they told me my address will be fixed when it ships. I sent 20 years in IT. Fixing a webform should be a pretty easy task. Actually, kinda strange something like that ever made it out on the live system. But, I have grown with many companies.

here's some info on the "hosed up fields". the fields are labelled. as long as one puts e.g. the street's name where requested, everything is fine and will work as expected. if you put the street where the house number goes and vice versa, things are getting messed up. we are aware cases where credit cards were not working and we are looking into that. the solutions, it appears is not as trivial.
    some expressed concern that a delivery will be either delayed or fail because of messed up postal addresses. we manually check the addresses before sending of parcels and this is what the reply from support was about.
    gs

ps. of course it is possible to change a "static" webform, the issue here is that address conventions do vary by country.