Posts by Armin

This is a great sounding amp from my Friend Jürgen - he is a big U2 fan and this amp was modded to sound as close as possible to that U2 tone.

We spend an afternoon/evening profiling the raw profiles and he was very critical about all this.
    Many profiles were done several times and needed a lot of 'refinement' until Jürgen was satisfied.

This amp has a Normal (N) and a TopBoost (TB) channel.

The Normal channel (N) can be used with Normal (NN) or Bright (NB) options - we profiled the amp at both settings.
    Volume 9:00 (V09) is very clean and volume 13:00 (V13) is the pushed sound of the normal channel.

The TopBoost (TB) channel has a Standard (TBS) and Custom (TBC) option - we profiled both settings at volume 9 (V09).
    Higher volume settings were all profiled with the Custom option (TBC).

We profiled the TopBoost Custom setting at various volume settings - this leads to a more and more distorted sound.

In addition did we jumper both channels to get Jürgen's favorite sound.

The new profile pack (#11) is online.

16 Profiles of an extremely nice sounding 59' Fender Bassman Combo Tube Amp with 4x10" Jensen speaker at various level settings.
    This old amp has no master volume knob - so profiling was VERY loud and the power amp and speaker distortion kicked in at higher volume levels.

The amp starts to sound at volume3 (V3) and this is the clean sound of the Bassman.
    When the volume got cranked (V4, V6, V8) the amp distorted more and more. After V8 (the amp goes to 12 - were no audible changes).

This amp has two inputs a 'Normal' (N) and a 'Bright' (B) input - we profiled the amp at both settings.

Can you elaborate on how you set up the profile line? It appears you add a mic preamp between the Kemper and microphone?? or are you running straight from microphone to Kemper. Also, what methodology do you go for as far as adjustments after the profile....Sag, Definition, etc. I believe the compression adjustment in the amp block is for your clean volume level as you drop volume on your guitar in a more distorted setting. Interested to hear what parameters you feel really fine tune your profile, in your opinion, without the use of eq's and other stomp box features (compression, etc.)

Yes, sure.

1) the amp and cab must sound great - even the same type of amp and cab may sound very different - so I search for a great combination

2) the microphone - I have several mics and choose the one which fit's best - it's easy for my own amps, since I know the best mic/amp combination - more difficult for amps from friends (especially if they do not record the amp)

3) Make a short recording of all - if it sounds great fine - if not change mic or placement

4) When all sounds great - start profiling

5) Yes, I use an external preamp - currently I use a small cheap Mackie mixer with VLZ3 preams.
    I need an external preamp because:
    a) I like to combine more than one mic
    b) Some of my mics need phantom power
    c) My Royer R121 sounds much better when I use the preamp instead of going direct to the KPA

6) I do a lot of A/B during the profiling session - and refine until I get as close as possible
    (unfortunately sounds the Kemper much better in browse mode as in profile mode - and we have no feature to refine the profile once it's stored - so I need to redo some profiles many times)

7) I store this raw profiles - without any effects and without any turning of knobs

8) Some time after the profiling session do I create 'rigs' (with advanced settings and effects) out of these raw profiles.
    By this do I have both 'processed profiles' and 'raw profiles'.

Yes, this are great cabs - but I am currently more in profiling vintage combos.

Maybe we can convert IR's of these cabs and store them into the cab block in the future ;)

I was asked via PM's and email about the upgrade codes.

Here is how it works:

In case you have bought any profile bundle (full bundle, high gain bundle, blues bundle) - ask us for a coupon code via our website:
    http://www.soundside.de/support/PreOrderQuestion.htm
    (I do not send any code via PM)

Then we'll send you a code to get the latest bundle for only $19.99

The current 'Full Profile Bundle' contains all available profile packs 01-10 - and will NOT be extended in the future.

New profile packs are created currently and will be available as single packs or later as a new ProfileBundle II.

I don't know why but most of the 'lower / mid gain profiles' sound best with the Telecaster.

If you like vintage amps and don't own a nice Tele - give it a try.

btw. this does not mean that the use of EQ's are bad - the Kemper EQ's are a very powerful feature to deep edit any amp sound.

Here I talk about a raw profile - the Kemper is this great that a good profile should sound VERY close to the real thing.
    If it does not sound VERY close - then there is something wrong with the mic, mic position, preamp or whatever - and that should be fixed by using a different setup not by trying to 'fix' it with EQ's - or hide the week profile in delays or reverb.

The Kemper can sound very close to the real amp 'next to me' if profiled in the right way - and played at the same level via large FRFR speakers.