Posts by Armin

Armin

Have you tried a reboot holding both SYSTEM and QUICK buttons together whilst turning ON?

I tried to hold system before - no help.

System and quick does not help neither - is there a difference between system only and system and quick?

Are there other keys to press or/and hold to delete all the profiles?

I can't understand how such things could happen.

If there is something wrong with the profiles/rigs or whatever then I see no reason to crash the system.

btw. I did not edit anything with a hexeditor or whatever.

I am a software developer myself and also did a lot of beta testing for music equipment and the first rule for such a thing is - it's not allowed to crash - there are easy ways to handle exceptions.

Even in case someone would load a picture instead of a profile - it's not ok to crash!

It's fine that the KPA reports that there is a problem - but then the next step should be to ask if its ok to erase the faulty profile/rig - and if it still not works after a reboot it should ask if it's ok to delete all profiles/rigs and use only the factory ones.

No, I tried it with the USB key now - all the same.

When I boot it runs fine for the first 70-80% then the screen changes color and the error message will be displayed.

Is there no way to delete all profiles during the startup?
    I could easily restore all single profiles in case I could start up this thing clean.

I don't know if there is enough memory in the KPA to give us a long looper - but even a short one (20 seconds) would be fine to playback a loop and select profiles/tweak EQ's and so on without the need for external stuff.

Yes, the KPA can not create double amp sounds (only one amp at a time) - but we can get a huge 'double tracked like sound' by using the "Stereo Widener" effect (you'll find this effect in the 'Yellow' EQ group).

Put it into the X slot (because this slot is stereo) and check it out

It works quite well - and is 100% mono compatible.

Since the effects will be switched on/off via Midi according to the effects position (a,b,c,d,x ...) and not by the used type (like in the AxeFx) - we'll need some consideration.

Effect setups I use are like this:

(General use)
    wah - compressor - overdrive - distortion - (Amp/EQ/Cab) - StereoWidener - Chorus - Delay - Reverb

(For external effects)
    wah - compressor - overdrive - loop - (Amp/EQ/Cab) - StereoWidener - Chorus - Delay - Reverb

(For max sound tweaking via the EQ blocks)
    wah - compressor - drive - EQ - (Amp/EQ/Cab) - EQ - Chorus - Delay - Reverb

In the first two days I had many problems (old firmware) - everything runs fine since 6911.

Remaining problems are:
    -Group look does not work
    -Flanger02 and Phaser02 does not work

It's NOT the tool for the average guitar player - they play tube amps (like me) ;)

Nobody without at least basic computer knowledge can load, upload and share profiles - and read/write the forum...

Even L6 put MD5 checksum's in their stuff ;)

This issue is BTW by no extent a "Virus", is not replicating itself to other profiles or whatsoever, it is just a corrupted file that is creating problems.

Yes, you are right - I changed the title - it's not a virus.

But if one corrupted profile could spoil the KPA - then it's very dangerous in both cases:
    a) Someone shares this profile (or bundles of profiles) without the knowledge that someone has changed one or more of his profiles this way
    b) Someone spread corrupted profiles to harm others (this is the idea of viruses btw)

So all I want is:
    1) All profiles must have a checksum to prevent editing them.
    Or even better as I suggested in another post:
    Make the profiles XML with some editable parts (like names) and some encrypted and checksum protected parts for the simulation stuff

2) I have downloaded a lot of profiles and got some bundles from other users - and am now afraid that they can harm my KPA - so I want a list of the stock profiles.
    Then I'll reset my KPA and install my own profiles in addition and am fine - until this thing is fixed.

3) As some posts above - a LOT of users have changed their profiles with a hex-editor yet.
    So we need to know what could lead to this crashes.
    Maybe the danger happens only after editing certain parameters of such a profile or whatever!

After reading about the official statement - NOT to use a Hexeditor to edit eg the profile names - I am shocked!

Not that I wanted to change my profiles with a hexeditor - but that editing a profile - and then using it chould render the KPA useless!

Why one earth is there no checksum in the files?
    This would be one of the first things to be found during beta testing!

So beware if you get a profile from someone and he/she had edited it with a hexeditor before - this thing could blow your Kemper Amp!

Another danger ist that someone spread a "wanted profile" to harm a lot of KPA units!

Is there somewhere a list of all stock profiles? I want to erase all downloaded profiles until this problem is fixed!

I first thought the look for single effects works not sometimes but it's the group look.

The 'Stomps' 'Stack' and 'Effects' buttons lock ALL effects in the corresponding section but NOT this group button itself.

e.g. one rig has the group button 'Effects' OFF and another rig has the 'Effects' button ON - then this will NOT be locked in case I look this 'Effects' button.

This can be reproduced for all of my rigs - I use firmware 6911.

It was also fun to read that one of the sounds was:

"compressed, less life, more fizz and more dull"
    "almost sounds like an early sampler"
    "worse than a POD"
    "pretty cr*p in comparison"

what they not know by now is - that was the AxeFx II