Posts by GuitarDroid

I'm not that kind of great Jazzplayer, only sometimes ;)
    but I'm often using the 9 V BJL Rig, taken from M. Wienstroers Mountain Amp for sounds like this, I also often combine it with another cab.
    Here is a short quickshot mp3 I placed in my Dropbox so you can have a listen. Guitar is a Heritage 335.
    First half is the original very tiny speaker 8' . Second half the cab is changed to the 69 cab.
    Maybe it's a good starting point.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12972509/Chords.mp3

greetz
    MF

Hi Profiler Players,

yes, there are lot‘s of very good Profiles out there and quite a lot.
    The folks are doing a great job in profiling amps.

It‘s also nice to hear that some people like the factory content too.
    With the factory content I tried to give profiles for any musical situation and style of playing to the hands of the musician.
    As there are many profiles on the unit you might not find the ones that fits you best directly, but I guess at last there is something for everyone ;) It‘s good to take your time and give them a closer look.

Some are worth to switch off the FX and stomps to hear the basic thing, there are some nice hidden pearls in there.
    Most of them are a very good base to tweak in your own tone.
    ( I think that‘s what we all after in the end )

Anyway, at the moment I‘m working on a set of „ Leftovers“ and „ReTweaks“ that came together during the last year while I was working on the KPA stuff and my own projects and Bands.
    I don‘t know yet if we place them on the Kemper site as an official Rigpack,
    If not so, I will make them available through a dropbox or load them to the Rigexchange.
    I will post here when I‘m finished with that, may take the next week.

Keep on playing and making music !

best,
    Manfred

Kemper und Ratskeller presents: Zwei weltklasse Musiker im Ratskeller Recklinghausen!

Ab 18 Uhr ist Einlass für einen exklusiven Workshop mit Kempers Produktspezialisten Manfred Franzkowiak, Burkhard Dinnies, Hans Jörg Scheffler.
    Free entrance for the first 30 subscribers.
    Wer teilnehmen möchte sendet mir ( Guitardroid ) eine PM, freier Eintritt für die ersten 30 Anmeldungen !

Das Konzert beginnt um 20 Uhr.

Djamel Laroussi (Gitarre, Goumbri, Percussion, Gesang) gilt als einer der besten und vielseitigsten Gitarristen weltweit. Aktuell hat er eine CD mit Jazzgrößen wie Benny Golson, Billy Cobham, Chico Freeman, Jiggs Whigham, Munyungo Jackson und Richie Beirach eingespielt. Im Frühjahr 2012 hat er als Gitarrist die Asientour von Stevie Wonder begleitet.

Decebal Badila, 1968 in Rumänien geboren, wurde 1986 von Jazz-Magazinen zum besten Bassisten seines Landes gewählt. Er spielte mit vielen bekannten Musikern wie Bob Mintzer, Larry Coryell, Birelli Lagrene, Markus Stockhausen und besonders intensiv mit Eugen Cicero. Seit 1997 ist er Bassist der SWR Bigband.

Best Grooves

Manfred

Hey,

sad to read this, but private parts for sure are in the first place.
    I really like to thank you personally for the great support you've done to forum members over the time and simply for being there when needed.
    I think I'll miss you here and I'm sure the Kemper Team will.

Take care,
    Manfred

Manfred,

since the Green- and Blackback cabs from the first and second Rig pack gain popularity around here lately, could you give any details about those? Are they 12H30 or 12M25? 55 or 75 Hz resonance? Do you know by any chance what year they are from? I suppose the Blackbacks are G12H30 (and being Blackbacks would date them somewhere in the 70s) and the Greenbacks are G12M25 (maybe even late 60s)?) but I could be grossly wrong about that.

Hey, quite near... :thumbup:

Dirk Baldringer told me the Blackbacks are G12H30's and somewhere between 1976-78, with 75 Hz Resonance.
    The Greenbacks are G12M25's and a little bit newer, bought in the early 80's, don't know the exact date.
    Next time I will get Dirk to open the back of the "secret cabinet" ;)

best
    Manfred

Ah, that explains why a web search ends up only leading back to posts about the profile.

Yes, the Siggi Mehl 50 Amp is custom built by Mr. Mehl, there's only one in this world. :) In Rig Pack No.01 we also had an amp built by Siggi which was a 100 Watt version.
    Also the1965 Blackface Bassman and the Vox AC 15 amps are modded by Siggi Mehl.
    In Rig Pack No. 02 a part of our goal was to come up with some very tweak-able sounds, just to give a good basic amp sound with great substance, so the already experienced customers and tweakers can dial in their
    own sound, based on some good tuned vintage and custom amps.
    Going along with the great Rigs of Bill Ruppert I personally like the Pack02 a lot. So....Let the Tweaking begin ! ;)

Attached a pic of that Siggi amp,
    as I'm short in time today I will upload pics of some amps this evening or tomorrow morning.

best to you all,
    Manfred

I'd also like to thank you personally for your hard work that you put into the Profiler's future, Manfred, and I'm sorry if you felt offended by anything I said. I appreciate how you guys try to keep things in hand, and I can imagine it can be hard sometimes. :thumbup: I hope we're cool!

Hey Richard, sure, we're cool, peace bro :thumbup:
    We really need input and feedback from you guys, to push the whole thing forward, but sometimes things take time.

best
    Manfred

Hi Richard,
    I'm sad to read this and sorry to say that this is not completely true, we talked on the phone on the 3 of July and on that day you send in the Lead 1 Rig, that shows up the problem. On the same day you received the following message by mail directly just to let you know that we're working on your issue.

"Hi Richard,
    I've listened to your Sound cloud mp3 and checked your Rig, got the same clipping as you got on your recording.
    It happens after a while hitting and bending the G string in the 17. fret.
    Thanks for reporting this and sorry for the trouble, I will talk to an engineer and Christoph tomorrow.
    By the way, some nice playing on your other Sound cloud tracks."

So, fact is that we didn't left you without any information !
    Another point is that we have to support lot's of customers, and sometimes it's impossible to get a solution from one week to the next, if you like to get things really right.
    So you can be sure we are looking for every customers problems and try to not " leave someone standing in the rain ".

You haven't got news from us 'cause we already working on the issue, by the way, we can't recreate the same issue on other Rigs.

regards
    MF

I still have this same problem coming up occasionally - I reported it like 2 months ago to Support by phone, sent an e-mail with my backup file but got no answer since then... :(
    The only thing that helps me in this situation is turning the Kemper off (if you set it to off, it WILL turn off, just wait a little) and turning it on again... if it doesn't come up in say, 1-2 minutes, it will not come up, rinse and repeat. It will eventually turn on.

@ Richard : Hi Richard, so sorry for that, you're right, I simply forgot to check your Backup days ago, we had so much to do at that time, I just overlooked it, sorry again. I will pick this case up again.

best
    Manfred

Hi Folks,

I tried to gather some Info on the Siggi Mehl Amp for you,
    here‘s a little piece of Amp story.

Markus Wienstroer often used this Amp during the last 15 years for many recordings,
    the Amp appears on a big bunch of productions and No.1 Hits through the years,
    and on a Myriad of TV and Radio Commercials.
    It was also used on the „Mensch“ Album of Herbert Grönemeyer.

Isn‘t it funny, I think most of us have heard this Amp before on our Car Stereo ;)

The Amp started out as a very old London City Head and has been heavily modified
    over the years by Siggi Mehl.
    Markus and Siggi tried to get that sound they imagined on their minds.
    After all mods,it seem‘s the last original part that stayed in the Amp is the old
    Output Transformer from London City.
    Every other component is selected by Siggi to fit perfectly into the whole concept of this Amp.

This Amp is a unique item and there‘s only one, we can‘t buy it,
    so we have been very happy to get profiles of this one.

best to you and rock the weekend,
    Manfred

Hi Players, here‘s some more info on the profiling session for the Rig Pack 01.

First I like to thank Markus Wienstroer and Dirk Baldringer for doing great work.

Markus brought in some hot stuff from his great collection of amps,
    all these amps are fine tuned for reaching the max in performance and tone.
    Some of these amps are hard to find nowaday‘s and some just one of a kind, their simply unique.
    The S. Mehl amp, or the JCM from 1981, tuned by Dirk Baldringer, or the old S. Duncan Convertible amp.
    Even the speakers used in the different cabs are really old vintage stuff, broken in well.

Christoph Kemper profiled a Leslie and added new local presets for the Phaser Stomp.

Dirk Baldringer of Studio 25 spent a great amount of time and passion, for getting the most out of every setup we took a profile of.
    We really tried to push the whole thing a step forward and will do in the future.
    One of our goals will be to release new Rig, Profile and FX Packs on a more or less regular base and make them available for all KPA Players.

By the way, I think the Rigs of this package are very „tweakfriendly“
    so, give them a tweak. ;)
    Have fun and a good rockin‘ weekend.
    G. Droid

Hi Guys, we think it‘s good to let you know :

Please, don‘t use any kind of Hex Editor to edit your Profiles,
    not even to change the Name of the Profile.
    One of the KPA Users did, with the result of having a “boxed - metalic“
    kind of Tone, no startup and we‘re having a hard time now bringing his Unit back to life.
    The KPA is a Unit with a complex structure inside.
    So for your sake, please don‘t use a Hex.
    Thanks and have fun.
    MF