Posts by Burkhard

Symtoms like headachas could have various root causes and are not always the "same issue". Loosing sound could have many different reasons e.g. a loose contact in a cable ....

patvalley The situation you are describing is intended while Tuner Mode is activated and "Mute Signal" is activated. If you leave Tuner Mode the sound returns. The situation is also normal, if your Mission EP1 is in heel position and controls Volume Pedal. If you are sharing your EP1 for wah and volume ("WahPedal to Volume" ) I guess there is a risk to loose oversight, what is causing drop of volume. If you for example disable a wah effect while the pedal rests in heel position, the pedal transforms into a volume pedal and the slightest move could turn pedal volume down. This again is intended behavior. You can check the current level of volume pedal on page Pedal Links in System Settings.

I've not seen any indication provided by ofirlidor that Tuner Mode nor an expression pedal are involved in his case.

We are not aware of any related software anomaly in current OS versions.

High gain Rigs generally don't sound clean. Like with a real tube amp the gain you hear is depending on the output level of your guitar and perhaps a volume pedal plugged between guitar and PROFILER. If you select location "Input" or "Pre Stack" for the built-in volume pedal within Rig Settings, you could also lower the gain with that pedal. It behaves like a volume pedal between guitar and tube amp.

The column Gain in the Rig Manager area reflects the stored gain level of hte Rigs. If you bring one of those Rigs into focus, the Gain level moves with the GAIN knob on the front panel as well as the Gain control within the amp module in the lower Editor area. It's all the same Gain.

The Master Volume knob controls exactly those output volumes which are linked to it. You can check this watching the respective volumes in the Output Section.

The LED ring reflects one output volume, which you determine with "Vol. LED Collar" in System Settings. Default is Main Output Volume.

Are you referring to any particular output volume e. g. Monitor Output Volume?

Which output are you using for monitoring and at which level is its corresponding output volume?

Is the OUTPUT LED still indicating your playing like the INPUT LED does?

At which level is pedal volume? Check page Pedal Links in System Setting (or Pedal Settings if you own a PROFILER Stage). If pedal volume is down, investigate if any equipment is connected causing this.

Any effect loop configured and external signal chain interrupted?

Das kann nicht richtig funktionieren und steht auch nicht so im Handbuch.

Wenn Du den Looper innerhalb der Signalkette des PROFILERs einschleifen möchtest - also eine Effect Loop verwendest - steht Dir nur der SEND/DIRECT OUTPUT zur Verfügung und der ist mono. Es gibt keinen Stereo-Send bei den Effect Loops. Das Signal am MONITOR OUT ist etwas völlig anderes, hat mit Effect Loop nichts zu tun und richtet sich nach der eingestellten Output Source.

drduesenberg hat die einzige Möglichkeit aufgezeigt, wie man bewerkstelligen kann, dass der Looper ein Stereo-Eingangssignal bekommt.

Ok, I see! If that's what you have in mind, you might be running into other limitations. You have just four Effect Buttons and eight effect modules per Rig. You could consider loading complete Rigs and step from Rig to Rig, which allows to change the complete signal chain. But if you intend to flexibly engage/disengage >20 effects momentarily exactly as shown in this video, that will be hard to realize.

I can see the benefit of this. I have some profiles that certain frequencies are accentuated through a PA versus through guitar speakers. If I used a few Mesa Profiles and then went to Marshall profiles, they had similar output volumes through my V30/G12T-75 cabinet, but their full-range frequency differences made the Mesa Profiles significantly louder through a PA. I suppose that I could use an EQ block to remedy this and pull some of those frequencies out, but what if I already had every slot filled with effects? I'm not saying this NEEDS to be implemented, but I can definitely sympathize with his situation because I've experienced it myself.

Since I use a Kemper Kone now, i haven't had this issue, because it seems to match the PA tone pretty well. YMMV, but if it isn't a difficult addition to program, it would help at least some folks out there.

I still feel we are mixing two different issues which should be kept apart logically.

If a PA accentuates certain frequencies, this influences all PROFILEs that you play through it. It might be more apparent with some and less with other PROFILEs, but it must always be the same frequency accentuation e. g. +3 db at 1000 Hz. The PA cannot apply +3db at 1000 Hz while you play a Mesa Boogie PROFILE through it and be flat while you play a Marshall PROFILE through it. Therefor the solution is to lower this frequency using the Main Output EQ globally. This will adjust the sound of all your PROFILEs to the sound you are used to, even if you just notice it with some PROFILEs. This is as intuitive as it gets.

A prerequisite is, that the volumes of your Rigs are already optimized and stored for the band mix in the musical scene you want to use it for. If you do this prepwork thoroughly - ideally through a quality monitoring system - your PA specific adjustments are just global in nature and that is what the output equalizers are here for.

The signal you pick from MONITOR OUT while the KEMPER Kone engine is enabled does always include a specific sound optimization for the KEMPER Kone chassis. Physically you can record that signal, but it won't result in an authentic imprint sound. The same applies if you pick the signal from the DI output of a power amp fed by the MONITOR OUTPUT. KEMPER Kone engine is really designed for your personal monitoring.

I would rather record cabinet PROFILEs as usual. If you intend to eliminate the influence of the microphone included in the cabinet PROFILE you should use PURE CABINET for that purpose.

You can suppress the cabinet simulation for the MONITOR OUTPUT in particular and with it - if you use a powered PROFILER - for its SPEAKER OUTPUT. Those are the outputs you would use, if you intend to drive physical guitar cabinet(s). All other output signals still inlcude the cabinet simulation in that scenario.

This is from the Main Manual and also applies to the Stage:

Latched / Momentary

Every Effect Button on the PROFILER Remote supports an automatic latched / momentary detection: A quick press of the button will latch the assigned function - in other words, the assigned effect modules will change their on/off state permanently, until you press the button again.

However, if you hold the Effect Button for a second or more, it will automatically change to momentary operation. Momentary operation means that as soon as you release this Effect Button, it will immediately revert to the initial state. This behavior applies to on/off switching as well as to “Action & Freeze” functions.