Posts by Burkhard

What is the status of the Wah presets? I know that this got a very low priority, BUT... Nice to have

The actual firmware release 1.0.8 does include five factory presets especially for Wah including these Cry Baby settings. As users can create their own presets, please feel free to test and share your favorite settings with other users.

May I ask you to open a support ticket. I tried and used wah wah extensively during backup, restore, reboot - no issue under 1.0.8 release. So we need to dig deeper and understand the specific conditions under which this is happening.

I did try that - the funny thing is - when I run into my Soundcraft Sapphyr board using Kemper TRS outputs, I get really solid meters. But when I go into apogee ensemble barely nothing. I know, I know you're saying " well B! Have you setup the input on the ensemble correctly?". I say - I think so - for line in on the ensemble there are no level adjustments; not within Maestro. It relys upon the output level & volume of source. Question to Kemper Engineering - are the TRS AND XLR outputs on kemper both + 4 or do I need to setup something? Am I overlooking something

Kind regards
    B!
    8|

Main Outs TS are +4dB unbalanced, while XLR are +10dB balanced. Hope this helps.

We have figured out, that ampersands ('&') in rig and preset names e. g. cabinet 'H&K....' can cause issues for example while assigning Program Change numbers to rigs under firmware 1.0.8. The root cause has been identified and the problem is fixed in 1.0.9, which we are actually testing internally. Therefor please avoid ampersands in any names until 1.0.9 Public Beta will be released.

no we don't, cause the link-bug in this forum is still there 3,5 months after his first report...
    all you get when clicking that link is: "http://kemper-amps.com/forum/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=4554&pageNo=7" with a double "forum" in it.

I'm not sure, how you exactly trigger this problem. I cannot replicate. In any case - assuming this is a bug - we don't own the code of this forum software. Therefor while we fix upcoming problems with the KPA asap with another firmware release, we don't control this here. A simple cut/paste should do it.

;)

The original Rockman file went up corrupt and I apologize for that.
    It has been fix and the corrupt file has been remove from the download page.
    The new Rockman X100 1 that is up on the exchange page is fine to download.
    Sorry for the trouble.

We got a copy of the corrupt file for test purposes, are able to replicate the problem and will make firmware more tolerant.

Some users have raised an issue regarding latency. A fix has been developped and is now in test mode.
    Some testers have measured and confirmed, that latency is now meetings specs. This fix will be part of our next
    public beta firmware.

Some users have already noticed, that RIG EXCHANGE is now open and have started to share their precious amps and rigs.

In order to download rigs shared by other registered users please chose COMMUNITY on our web-page and then RIG EXCHANGE.

In order to upload your own rigs and edit your tags you have to log into your account (Log-in on our home page) and chose MY RIGS. You have the option to share any rig amongst all registered users or just keep it for yourself.

Please make sure that you are using meaningful tags, which make it easier for others to identify what's of interest for them. Put your name in the author field in case you had forgotten to overwrite the default 'ME' before and during profiling.

http://www.kemperamps.com/exchange

:thumbup:

Dynamic Range of AD DA Converter

Front Input: >108dB
    Alternative Input: =105dB
    Return: =105dB

Master Output: >108dB
    Monitor Output: >108db

S/PDIF (24 bit)

Connectors: RCA Phone
    Sample Rate: 44.1kHz

Acts as Master

based on your excellent oberservations and some detailed descriptions, we are confident, that we have spotted the root cause for this issue.
    You can expect a final fix in one of our next firmware versions.

In the meantime - to avoid this problem - before you start profiling turn the Return-Level up by a large degree and then back to appropriate level. This should 'calibrate' the system.

Thanks to all those who have contributed their findings!

Change Log

- fixed: SPDIF OUT now working with all soundcards (e.g. M-Audio 24/96)
    - fixed: problem adapting cabinet parameters to current sound
    - fixed: issue: Rigs names that include more than one space are allowed for midi program list
    - fixed: delete function in Input-Presets-Browser working correctly
    - new: mono-pedal can toggle RotarySpeaker (slow/fast)
    - new: mono-pedal can invert Stomp A-D, X, MOD on/off (only if Type is not off)
    - new: stereo-pedal double switches e. g. StompA/B
    - new: RotarySpeaker (slow/fast) can toggle via midi (CC33: Rotary)
    - new: Stomp A-D, X, MOD on/off invert can be done via midi (CC16: Stomp Invert)

I don't think they have, but thanks, I'll check it.

Edit: just chekced it. 2 MIDI-assignments (from 55) were lost. The names were like: 005 JC Acoustic

F*$& ....

You could even be facing this issue, if there are more than one consecutive blanks at the end of the rig name!

However - good news - 1.0.3 public beta just released can handle consecutive blanks. Please download from our web-page.

Wich FW-Verion is it? How to get it?

Firmware 1.0.3 public beta is fixing SPDIF-Out compatibility beside some other issues. Some users are experiencing, that SPDIF-Out is switched off after the upgrade. You can overcome this by Initializing Global Settings (pushing and holding the SYSTEM-button while you switch on). However unfortunately 1.0.3 is introducing a kind of distortion (ring tone) on SPDIF-Out, which we are now working on with high priority. :wacko:

In the meantime user, who need SPDIF-Out and didn't have compatibility problems before, should go back to 1.0.2 public beta temporarily.
    Those, who had compatibility issues before, are invited to open a ticket in our support system and I'll send them an intermediate version, which had solved the issue and delivered clean tone.

This is just a holding pattern until we will release our final fix.

Does somebody have an example of such a distorted profile, which she/he could send to Kemper Support?

Even with your much appreciated detailed descriptions we were not able to duplicate this issue so far. So we'd like to have a look at such a file.

If it should happen next time, please export and share - before you delete!

A section for discussion off equipment used for sound output from the KPA.

Perhaps You have noticed, that we have extended the scope of the 'KPA related discussions' section to include connected equipment from cabinets to expression pedals. We have decided not to open another section for connected gear, because it could be difficult to precisely separate some of the topics and therefor we might end-up with a mix of subjects on both sides.

For any other gear discussions (guitars, cameras, refrigerators,...) the 'other gear' section in the public forum can be used. 8)

Yes, this happens quite frequently.
    My first post mentioned this phenomenon and asked, if it was a bug or just my unit.

This happens on all controller buttons that do not have a led surrounding them (noise gate, master volume, delay mix, delay feedback, mod rate etc.). Support has acknowledged this since FW 6875 but no fix so far (although back when I reported this, I only mentioned the master volume and noise gate - but it happens on all buttons without a led).

Please contact support as well about this (I'm sure it won't hurt if many users report even simple bugs like that)

May I echo the last comment. We were not aware, that this problem (still) exists. So please open a support ticket. With your crisp description and help we will then try to reproduce the problem on our side and get it fixed asap. ;)

for now I borrowed a yamaha keyboard exp.pedal from a friend. I also tried my boss gt10 via midi. worked nicely both ways. I haven't decided what to buy yet, I think you can get the yamaha for around 60 euros from thomann

a TC-Helicon Expression-1 Compact Expression Pedal is working as well