Posts by TMV

FYI Kemper support has informed that there indeed is a technical issue that affects the latency and this will be taken care in one of the next FW updates.

I have to say that in all the communications I've had with Kemper support (including this one) I've received exceptionally fast responses even outside office hours and they react fast to possible issues. They also seem to be as open to customer suggestions as is reasonably possible and devoted. I am throughly happy with the way they've dealt with these matters - so thank you support, development team and ofcourse Mr. Kemper!

Just tested this with the following routing:
    KPA direct out to analog instrument input of my audiointerface recorded to one track.
    KPA SPDIF out to SPDIF input of the same audiointerface recorded to separate track.

(As I understood from a post by Mr. Kemper on a separate thread there is no AD/DA conversion inside KPA when using the direct out, it just passes the analog signal through).

The difference between the simultaneously recorded signals on tracks was around 180 samples which to my understanding would be around 4 ms at 44.1 KhZ (the direct out obviously being 4 ms earlier). Adding to that around 1 ms AD conversion for the analog instrument input of audiointerface (that is missing from the 4 ms latency between tracks) would make the latency of KPA measured from guitar input to track about 5 ms. Not that much, but still different from 2 ms. Maybe/probably this test has a flaw in it - I'm not that familiar with these matters.

Anyway I’ll get back to playing guitar as this 2 or 5 ms really does not matter to me feel wise at all. I’m a very “happy Kemper” and more amazed by this unit day by day. But my tech-nerd side is intrigued – eventhough I try to subdue it. :)

When I measured the Kempers latency from input to output I got 5 ms - which is already noticeable
    And by the way: those 5 ms seem to be a stable figure no matter which rig I use or if I turn all effects and the amp-modeling off or not.

This intrigues me as I remember getting similar numbers when testing this myself when I got the KPA, but I thought that maybe it was just down to an error in my testing. Anyways, the feel of a KPA is great, but as the latency should be around 2 ms according to Kemper could these higher latency readings be caused by some kind of bug and there would be room for some improvement?

This really does not matter that much to me - the KPA does react fast and feels really nice to play. Just a thought that came to my mind.

Hi,

The input deletion bug was fixed on KPA firmware version 7034, which is apparently not yet on the Kemper web-page but is available through Kemper tech support (I assume, I got mine from them after reporting the bug).

On the original topic: The autosetting of input level gets my vote as good additional feature.