Posts by cesmag

Don't care much about this patent issue but to me Kemper invented profiling. Capturing the sonic quality of a cab (Redwirez etc) , of a desk , compressor, eq (Nebula) or of a room (Altiverb) doesn't exactly look like what the Kemper does. Never heard of profiling before the Kemper, never seen anything like this unit and the way it does what it does.

I have to agree that the noise gate needs a bit of improvement.
    While it cuts the noise pretty great, it has a prob: take a highgain profile with high distortion, then roll your volume pot on the guitar back to 1 to clean up the tone. If the noise gate is engaged you get a really strange warbly/doubly sound. If you switch the noise gate off - you get a super sweet clean sound (with a touch of amp noise, obviously)

+ 1000

I had an axefx 2 and a kemper for 2 weeks side. BY side to decide which one to keep. My criteria were sound and feel. I've been a tube guy since 1979 so do have a term of reference. I sent the axefx. Ack. Nice unit fantastic fx. Amps a definite improvement on on previous gen units but nowhere near the kemper in sound or feel. all my opinion of course. Wanted to like the axefx more than I did but it just didn't happen

So true, to me the axe fx II distortion (that's what I look for) always sounds like a great processed sound, those you find on albums and cds, even if you bypass the fxs The Kemper sound is rawer, reminds me the real sounds you get from a good head, no comp, no eq just pure sound . Obviousy the Kemper sound depends on how good the profile is (and yours EVH lead 2 is right now my main lead sound)

I own both units, to me Kemper sounds better and it was clear right from the early posts mDan wrote on TGP and the few soundclips I heard. I probably won't sell my Axe Fx 2 but the reality is that I play it not as much as I used to do and the problem is not about tweaking or anything like that , it's just the fact that the Kemper gives me a better guitar sound

The Angle RBS sounds nothing like that Engl head I owned for more than 10 years 8| ?(

Back to my noise gate problem...looks like spending some time with noise gate+clean sense+ dist sense can make a difference. I still think that some regular parameters would be more handy, anyway better today than yesterday. Thanks again for your suggestions guys

What do you guys think of the Kemper noise gate? I'm currently using Sheguitarplayer's EVH lead2 profile (by the way, thanks a lot) , gain at 3-4 pm (ok, it's a lot of gain but I'm talking here about HIGH GAIN profiles) and the noise is still there when I stop playing even if the intensity is around 5.0 . Even if I turn the noise gate all the way up (and I don't wanna do it because it alters the sound) the noise doesn't completely go away. I really think that it lacks a few parameters (the usual ones) that are needed when using high gain amps. Am I missing something? Maybe a secret menu where I can find threshold, ratio, attack , release???