Posts by Feck

Wow, love this one for cleans. Actually may have knocked out the Orangutan. Can't wait to test the Shiva. Thanks!

Haha, I don't know about that....the Orangutan is my fave. BUT I just profiled my limited edition Vox AC30h2l and it might be my new fave. I will upload some of those in the next day or so.

Great profiles, gorgious clean sounds.
    Thanks for sharing :thumbup:
    How would you rate the profile accuracy ?

90-95 percent. There seems to always be some low end thickness/ muddiness missing in the profile vs the amp, but I actually prefer that in a general context.

Damn! I will say I am glad I got mine locally, so in the event of a problem I can just swap it out with them. Hope they get you sorted quickly!

I am uploading 4 profiles now - 2 clean (volume at 2.5, volume at 10) and 2 distorted (one at 5 gain, other at 7.5 gain with boost enabled (labeled B). Check them out, let me know what you think!

Have you ever wondered why your KPA Mesa Amp model doesn't sound like the tone on your guitar hero's latest CD? You are profiling the same amp he uses, so why the difference? It is simply this: He not only used that amp, but he use both pre EQ (for tonal tightness) and post EQ (for both fatness and de-fizzing), multi-band compression (for even-ness), and an ideal miking setup. So in the end, the fact that your profile sounds like a naked miked Marshall really doesn't get you very far...

I call BS. I use one great mic, one great amp and I am there.

I found the Axe distortions to all sound very similar in a crunchy midrange way. As though they were all subtle variations of the same algo (which they may be for all I know). Ultimately, the KPA is waaaaay more capable of creating different overdriven, harmonic and distortion characteristics than my Axe was. When I play a Bogner patch in the Axe, it sounds like a relatively generic overdriven amp. In the KPA, it sounds like MY Bogner.

I am now getting pretty damn close to my AC30h2l....by playing different registers when refining, it seems that the sparkle is coming through more now. There are so many settings on this amp, and 2 channels, so I wll probably end up with 60 plus profiles of it at various settings, but man it is KILLING now. Psyched! After this I will move on to an all original 1966 Fender Pro Reverb.

I am uploading a few of my favorite X10 profiles shortly...check 'em out and let me know what you think. Just an R121 into the KPA, nice and simple.

FWIW, I still get great sounds from my Boss GS-10 processors.... very old technology and slow processors, but still very capable of great sound - I believe this demonstrates the fact that the size of the processor is not as important as the effectiveness of the algorithms used.... in the end, it's all about getting the best sonics to the outputs.

You have to define the term "great" when referring to the GS-10. While of course I can't presume to tell you what "great" should mean to you, I can unilaterally say that the unit is nowhere near "great" in my experience. To each their own, but that is like saying "a Western Sizzler steak tastes great". While the unique perspective of the individual is pointless to argue, there is an intrinsic quality, or lack thereof in comparison to the alternatives... :)