Posts by Mudrock

Hello again fellow Kemper Users,

Today I uploaded 4 profiles I made of my trusty Peavey Deuce. Being the old fart that I am, I remember when Peavey was respectable gear and not the laughably cheap crap it is today. The Deuce was made for Lynyrd Skynyrd and features two channels with four inputs for different tonal possibilities. I sent these over to Don Peterson at Kemper and he really liked them, I hope you do too!

[Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/mudrock5000/IMG_5012.jpg]

Hi Rescator,
    Glad you like the Caveman! There are exactly 3 of them in the world. Reinhold made a single channel amp with 2 power supplies and decided not to produce it because it would be too expensive. I used to borrow that amp from him, and I pestered him for years to make me one. He finally did, and when he did, he made two. The other is in Fred Archambault's hands.
    At one time there was a small combo amp he called The Caveman, but now if you say Caveman around the shop, it means my amp...

There is a link in an earlier post to photos of the profiling, it is the black amp on top of my Uberschall.

mud

are you telling guitarists that come in to try the Kemper (profiling their existing rig)?

Hi Jel,
    I haven't done it quite like that myself... truthfully I used it for 6-8 months without profiling any of my amps. I was using it to expand my own tone set rather than copy it. I think thats how we will be using it here... think of it as all my amps miced up all the time for overdubs, etc. Basic tracks I really try to have all the guys in the room together, so the amps come out for that..

Well, I have to admit something: While I was profiling, I stood on one foot facing True North and chanted a verse from The Annals of Frompus Diem. After each completed profile I bit the head off a chocolate chicken and spread the entrails (vanilla creme) over my belly. It was a messy process, but I think worth it! 8o

On another note, bass profiles definitely on the way next week!

Welcome Mudrock ! Will check your profiles for sure - keep them coming ! Thumbs up from my 2 sons, big Avenged Sevenfold fans . :thumbup:

Thanks possie! Nice to hear your boys like some of my work!

And in response to an earlier post, I definitely will not be put off about posting more. The majority of people here have been very welcoming, and I appreciate it! My apologies to rising to the bait on an earlier post, it's the Boston in me! :S

Hey everybody,

Thank you for the feedback on the profiles! These are my first crack at making them and I wasn't paying a great deal of attention to the volumes. I'm still wrapping my head around the process and I'm not sure where the volume aspect enters into the modeling.

If you have any favorites that I can rip off and call my own, please send them over! :D:D

But seriously, I would love to hear some I can use as a barometer...

Mud

I'm confused. Are you implying I used your profile to make this? I do not have your profile in my unit.

Sounds great. As i see on the rig exchange, you used the Überschall cab. I really love that one since it has a mixed speaker configuration. Did you mike both kinds of speakers? Would be awesome...

Thx so far...

I did use the Uber cab... I have two; one an original 8 ohm and another at 16ohms. The Caveman is driving the latter. I miced one speaker with the 57 and the other with a royer 121. pictures are shared on the Kemper FB page. More profiles to come sson!

www.thehobbyshopstudios.com

Hello fellow Kemper Users:
    My name is Mudrock and I am a producer/engineer from Boston currently living in Los Angeles. I am best known for my work with Godsmack, Powerman 5000 and Avenged Sevenfold. I have had a Kemper at the studio for awhile now, and I love it.
    Finally I have gotten around to making some profiles, and I have shared them on the Rig Exchange section of the site. Please check them out and let me know what you think. I kept them very basic, just the amp sound.
    I am really excited about the Kemper and I will continue to post profiles. I take requests as well!

Mudrock